12-19-2014, 09:31 PM
User Info
{}*

Please take a couple of minutes to complete the following 3 question survey on your favorite shaving soaps/creams. This poll will be posted across many different shaving groups to try and get the broadest response.Results will be summarized and posted to all the groups.

We had a smaller poll that was well received and we want to see the number of participants increase to make the results more reliable. Let's see what people identify most.

*Admin edit - link removed.

0 36
 12-19-2014, 10:44 PM
User Info
Nearing 80 responses. Keep them coming.

0 36
 12-19-2014, 11:02 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Who are the "we" that you refer to?

"We had a smaller poll that was well received and we want to see the number of participants increase to make the results more reliable."

179 23,928
 12-20-2014, 02:59 AM
User Info
(12-19-2014, 11:02 PM)Johnny Wrote: Who are the "we" that you refer to?

"We had a smaller poll that was well received and we want to see the number of participants increase to make the results more reliable."

he is doing at a favor for Will of B&M soaps. I am member or lurker really of other groups like redit one and he said that Will suggested it on that one.
I did my vote, b&m got one and cella did and mistic water and cold river and beer soap company. Biggrin

0 155
 12-20-2014, 04:57 AM
User Info
"We" should have been "I". I put "we" referring to people who participated in the survey. I love shaving soaps, seeing what other people like, supporting the great soap vendors by letting people know about great products. By doing a poll like this across all the large shaving groups and forums, it reduces the bias of any one group. Will of B&M pointed out that some groups favor certain products. Other groups have more experienced members or more International diversity. The results are shared with everyone as a list of soaps that people love. It is a great list to review to see what other soaps one may want to try.

The ultimate SAD enabler list :-)

0 36
 12-20-2014, 08:32 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
TSN will not endorse or allow links to surveys/polls such as this, conducted outside of this forum.

The intentions/methodology of such surveys/polls are questionable, and results may not be a fair representation.

Thank you.

102 18,668
 12-20-2014, 10:52 AM
User Info
(12-20-2014, 08:32 AM)Agravic Wrote: TSN will not endorse or allow links to surveys/polls such as this, conducted outside of this forum.

The intentions/methodology of such surveys/polls are questionable, and results may not be a fair representation.

Thank you.

What if I give you access to the Survey Monkey account to see all the responses yourself? I am happy to do so. There is no agenda here. This was a NICE thing to do FOR the community. You can have full access to all the data collected. I think the members are going to want to see the results.

0 36
 12-20-2014, 07:07 PM
User Info
(12-20-2014, 02:59 AM)stephengilley Wrote:

he is doing at a favor for Will of B&M soaps. I am member or lurker really of other groups like redit one and he said that Will suggested it on that one.
I did my vote, b&m got one and cella did and mistic water and cold river and beer soap company. Biggrin

Definitely not a "favor" by any means. As Phil mentioned, when he posted his initial results on Facebook, I pointed out that Facebook itself does not really represent an accurate cross-section of the entire wet-shaving world and suggested that he centralize the survey and post the access link as he was able to obtain a better sample. While I must admit that I'm more than a little curious as to how the results of the survey will turn out, Phil is not doing this at my behest, nor is he receiving any compensation from me for doing so, monetary or otherwise. I merely suggested a way to obtain a more complete cross-section of the community at large.

5 407
 12-21-2014, 08:15 AM
User Info
(12-20-2014, 07:07 PM)BarristerN_Mann Wrote:
(12-20-2014, 02:59 AM)stephengilley Wrote:

Definitely not a "favor" by any means. As Phil mentioned, when he posted his initial results on Facebook, I pointed out that Facebook itself does not really represent an accurate cross-section of the entire wet-shaving world and suggested that he centralize the survey and post the access link as he was able to obtain a better sample. While I must admit that I'm more than a little curious as to how the results of the survey will turn out, Phil is not doing this at my behest, nor is he receiving any compensation from me for doing so, monetary or otherwise. I merely suggested a way to obtain a more complete cross-section of the community at large.

oh, ok. knowing that you and Philsylvester are very close and he is a big support of B&M I think it was ok for me to get that idea. I am a member of the reddit and saw the talks between you bostonphototourist and Philsylvester ps1160 and saw this post. you can get my feeling now? But I never said you were paying him to do it. But it did cost him 26 dollars to do it so that is very nice from him and kind to. Sorry to say if wrong but I did make a vote for you so all is not to bad? Biggrin

[Image: hCQjUav.png]

0 155
 12-21-2014, 08:20 AM
User Info
(12-21-2014, 08:15 AM)stephengilley Wrote:
(12-20-2014, 07:07 PM)BarristerN_Mann Wrote:
(12-20-2014, 02:59 AM)stephengilley Wrote: he is doing at a favor for Will of B&M soaps. I am member or lurker really of other groups like redit one and he said that Will suggested it on that one.

oh, ok. knowing that you and Philsylvester are very close and he is a big support of B&M I think it was ok for me to get that idea. I am a member of the reddit and saw the talks between you bostonphototourist and Philsylvester ps1160 and saw this post. you can get my feeling now? But I never said you were paying him to do it. But it did cost him 26 dollars to do it so that is very nice from him and kind to. Sorry to say if wrong but I did make a vote for you so all is not to bad? Biggrin

[Image: hCQjUav.png]

Yeah, I realized afterward how it was construed. By "we" I meant the Facebook group, of which multiple members took part in the discussion. I was actually less present than many, but was the one to suggest a wider sample.

I wouldn't say that Phil and I are "close," though we do have the occasional friendly chat. I do appreciate the vote, though! I'm really interested to see the results, I must say.

5 407
 12-21-2014, 11:41 AM
User Info
i for one think its pretty easy to realise which soaps are in high favor - it just takes some reading of the soap sections of each forum Wink

7 1,624
 12-22-2014, 08:36 PM
User Info
This is a very confusing thread. I vote for Stirling soaps. I also love Tabac and D. R. Harris Arlington. FWIW
Euro

5 395
 07-23-2017, 09:04 PM
User Info
I vote for any soap from saponifiico varesino

0 50
 07-23-2017, 09:16 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(07-23-2017, 09:04 PM)Whitewolf777 Wrote: I vote for any soap from saponifiico varesino

Odd thread to resurrect!

102 18,668
 07-23-2017, 10:24 PM
User Info
Biggrin how funny

81 1,368
 07-26-2017, 06:01 PM
User Info
(07-23-2017, 09:16 PM)Agravic Wrote:
(07-23-2017, 09:04 PM)Whitewolf777 Wrote: I vote for any soap from saponifiico varesino

Odd thread to resurrect!

Surely you can understand a new member's eagerness and excitement to participate in a thread he's interested in? Aaaaa
He certaintly had to go a few pages deep to unearth it, I've done it quite a few times myself, I applaud you Whitewolf777 for your perseverance Clap   Cheers

1 181
 07-26-2017, 06:35 PM
User Info
We should just re-open the poll with only one choice Wink

29 1,207
 07-27-2017, 04:13 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Am I missing something? I don't see any questions to answer on the original post.

7 2,359
 07-28-2017, 02:35 PM
User Info
(07-27-2017, 04:13 AM)Mouser Wrote: Am I missing something? I don't see any questions to answer on the original post.

I think the admin deleted the link to the poll/questions, since it was a link to another forum/group and this may not be allowed.

Also the post is from 2014...........

24 6,018