12-20-2014, 02:47 PM
User Info
Has anyone had a chance to use the new "firmer" formula? The two soaps I just received are of the firmer formula and I like it. I used my Semogue SOC 2-Band with very nice results. I have given Manuel feedback and he was pleased to hear. I recently exchanged emails with Manuel and he had one Mountain (a great soap for me and an awesome scent but is going out of production), one Citrus, and several Ylang Ylang in the soft formula. I ordered a Citrus and a Ylang Ylang.....I understand they are nice scents.

Ed

21 751
 12-20-2014, 03:17 PM
User Info
Ed, Manuel's soaps were originally hard. Around 18 months ago, he began to produce a softer product and the performance was still excellent. It comes down to personal preference, obviously, but I know Luis spoke with Manuel after he, Andi and myself discussed the two options. Manuel has now gone back to his original texture.

31 5,276
 12-20-2014, 04:21 PM
  • tti
  • NY,US
User Info
Wait, mountain is going out of production? O_o why

19 196
 12-20-2014, 04:41 PM
User Info
(12-20-2014, 03:17 PM)Optometrist Wrote: Ed, Manuel's soaps were originally hard. Around 18 months ago, he began to produce a softer product and the performance was still excellent. It comes down to personal preference, obviously, but I know Luis spoke with Manuel after he, Andi and myself discussed the two options. Manuel has now gone back to his original texture.

David,

Thanks for the info. I only know the soft variety so this is why I made this post. The "hard" soaps I recently received are Roses and Honeysuckle. Wonderful performers as the soft I have in stock. I am kind of in the middle on this. I can see no difference in lather, ease of lather, and comfort but, the soft are what I have known and I like them. I have quite a few of Manuel's soft soaps in stock so I am good.

As a side note, do you know the shelf life of Manuel's soft soaps? If kept in a cool, dry place, I would think they should be good for a number of years.

Thanks again,
Ed

(12-20-2014, 04:21 PM)tti Wrote: Wait, mountain is going out of production? O_o why

Don't know. It is one of my favorites. Also, I was able to purchase the last tub of Claro/Cedro/Laurel....an amazingly wonderful scent....complex and soothing. I love the scent.

I wish I would have discovered Manuel's soaps sooner. For me they are the best and I use them probably 90% of the time. I wish I could have acquired some Sierra before it went out of stock. However, I believe Manuel will re-introduce Sierra with a few tweaks in the future.

Ed

21 751
 12-21-2014, 03:24 AM
User Info
(12-20-2014, 04:41 PM)LookingGlass Wrote:
(12-20-2014, 03:17 PM)Optometrist Wrote: Ed, Manuel's soaps were originally hard. Around 18 months ago, he began to produce a softer product and the performance was still excellent. It comes down to personal preference, obviously, but I know Luis spoke with Manuel after he, Andi and myself discussed the two options. Manuel has now gone back to his original texture.

David,

Thanks for the info. I only know the soft variety so this is why I made this post. The "hard" soaps I recently received are Roses and Honeysuckle. Wonderful performers as the soft I have in stock. I am kind of in the middle on this. I can see no difference in lather, ease of lather, and comfort but, the soft are what I have known and I like them. I have quite a few of Manuel's soft soaps in stock so I am good.

As a side note, do you know the shelf life of Manuel's soft soaps? If kept in a cool, dry place, I would think they should be good for a number of years.

Thanks again,
Ed

Ed,

I have certainly not noticed any difference in performance between Manuel's original, firmer soaps and the later, softer ones. Both produce excellent lather and post shave feel.

As far as life expectancy goes, I would imagine, as you say, that the softer soaps would keep indefinitely, provided they are stored in the appropriate conditions. This was a factor the three of us discussed when asking Manuel to return to his harder product. Furthermore, it is all too easy to use too much product with the softer soaps, I have found.

31 5,276