12-22-2014, 09:50 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
Has anyone here purchased a Wilfa Precision brushed aluminum model? I ask because I have and I've exchanged it because of the quality, or lack of, regarding the brushed aluminum finish—it's piss-poor for a premium product*. To date, I've not even completely unpacked the second one as I am deliberating exchanging it again to get one with a proper finish.

I bought the Wilfa to replace my Technivorm CDT polished silver Moccamaster, but my six year old Technivorm exhibits much better finishes and is still going strong. I was seduced by the styling and reviews of the Wilfa Precision coffee making abilities. I've written Wilfa, but no response, that's not a good sign**. Technivorm now has a representative in the US where you can send have your Technivorm to be serviced. Wilfa? It's a gamble.

*Odd that I am concerned about the finish of the Wilfa given my Cobra razors lack any quality control regarding finishes, but my Cobra razors are not shown to visitors no do they sit out on display.

** My wife informed me that Norway is likely not doing business owed to their Christmas holiday schedule. I'll wait and see if they respond after the holidays.

12 606
 12-22-2014, 10:10 AM
User Info
Given the price of the Wilfa I'd stick with Technivorm. Excellent product with a history of quality.

15 771
 12-22-2014, 10:38 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
(12-22-2014, 10:10 AM)guildx500 Wrote: Given the price of the Wilfa I'd stick with Technivorm. Excellent product with a history of quality.

Pricing is on par with each brands, but I hear ya on the Technivorm. One aspect that I truly like regarding the Wilfa is the filter basket multi-variable aperture opening that allows to you control the drip. My Technivorm has two position for the drip aperture and I use it to full advantage as I stir and pamper the heck out of my grounds during the brew.

12 606