12-23-2014, 10:52 PM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
Yes it is true.

How many of you start your SE journey with it?

I did thanks to great friend Brian! 2 years agoSmile

That razor is so gentle and forgiving while teaching you how to you SE correctly is simply amazing. Like a faithful companion.

Whenever you are tired or angry and you just now if you shave with FW it will be there for you

I just shaved last night 3days growth with it ( 3 pass, DFS, No irritation) and I was really tired between work and caring for new born.

So whatever you are new to SE or veteran take out your Featherweight and give it a spin. It deserve one!

11 880
 12-23-2014, 11:00 PM
User Info
Yes, the FW is a definitely underrated. Even by me.

Glad you're still liking it Jack! It was my first SE razor and the razor that I claim taught me to shave with a safety razor.

32 6,445
 12-24-2014, 12:05 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
You guys keep undermining my intention never to start with a SE razor! I'm so afraid that I'll like it and that in turn will lead to me becoming a LOSER Rolleyes

It's the only part of wet shaving that I haven't explored (I don't count Cobra's and Mongoose really among SE razors but I do like those a lot).

28 1,433
 12-24-2014, 12:58 AM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
Trust me, you want to try. When I was looking at Brian Razors I was thinking what is wrong with this Guy... How wrong I was and GEM FW is cheap so go ahead!

11 880
 12-24-2014, 03:41 AM
  • Gordy
  • Wherever I am!
User Info
My first shave SE shave was with an Ever Ready 1912 and I had a better shave than I thought possible. I get BBS with three passes on DE no problem but I was wary of even starting with SE, purely because I didn't think it would be as good. Two passes and I was done, in fact it looked like I'd never had hair on my face. Like DE though, I learned as much as I could before starting, and it paid off.
My trouble is now though, it gave me severe RAD! I love vintage Gillettes BIG TIME but SE's look so much better displayed as well.

0 246
 12-26-2014, 02:25 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
LOVE the Featherweight. I am on my 5th one. I've started 3 newbies with featherweights and dropped one and the handle broke off at the connection to the head... I am currently only keeping 2 SE's and 1 shavette in my rotation. The featherweight will soon have it's turn again. I have a white handled one now but also would like a black handle and an olive green handle to add to my collection.... I'll be working on it soon enough. As for now I'm holding on to the one I have.... It's in tip top shape and I got it for 9 bucks WITH shipping...lol
Happy Shaves !!!

5 1,151