12-29-2014, 01:20 PM
User Info
I was given a few brushes for Christmas. These two are at the opposite ends of the scale in terms of looks.

Muhle Rose Gold from AoS:
My wife gave me this brush and stand to pair with my existing rose gold razor. The brush is what AoS calls "fine" badge. The brush is very heavy - heavier than any brush I own. The weight is well balanced and the brush feels solid and good in my hand. I shampooed it to get rid of most of the funky smell. The brush works great. Soft but a good backbone. Plus it just looks so beautiful sitting in the stand - like a piece of fine jewelry.
[Image: OxXLBuQ.jpg]

The rustic brush is a natural beech handle with an undisclosed badger knot. It is available HERE This company is about 30 miles from me but I have never heard of it before.

[Image: v0RQtd9.jpg]
The knot is super soft but floppy. Great for face lathering though I prefer to bowl lather. The handle does not appear to be treated at all. I may apply a coat of marine varnish.

This was gifted to me with the intent I use it at my cabin.
I took it up there for Christmas. I must admit it looks great hanging to dry from the pine cone towel rack.
[Image: EAMJ0yr.jpg]

And even better if you include Mr Bear in the picSmile
[Image: 1XohJT6.jpg]

Phil

7 363
 12-29-2014, 07:36 PM
User Info
Congratulations, Phil! Smile

83 21,113
 12-30-2014, 06:21 AM
User Info
That Muhle rose gold set is beautiful Phil.

50 6,426