01-01-2015, 05:38 AM
User Info
Who here has any experience with this razor? I'm surprised to see that it has not come up for discussion in the past.

It's got a stainless steel handle, which is nice, but I'm more interested in the head. That part is not SS; it's chrome-plated zinc alloy. Leaving that aside -- if in fact you choose to do so --it is billed as being a moderately more aggressive DE89-type head.

8 915
 01-01-2015, 06:01 AM
User Info
I have heard about it. Sold out of the UK so maybe that is why few here know about it.

121 13,121
 01-01-2015, 12:18 PM
User Info
You can just buy the head from a online retailer in the UK. It's a very efficient and smooth razor. More aggressive than a Muhle R89/EJ89 but very usable.

I sold mine as I have other razors that I prefer using but if I was on a budget and I was looking to step up from the R89, I'd definitley buy this.

I would post the link but I'm sure its against forum rules.

0 37
 01-01-2015, 01:21 PM
User Info
I did spot where you can obtain the head, thank you, Pedro25.
Alas, shipping costs to the U.S. are more than the price of the item, and I don't feel compelled to buy more things from the vendor just to make the shipping look more palatable.

Glad to have your input on how it shaves. Maybe next time I'm in England I can look into acquiring it.

8 915
 01-02-2015, 01:09 PM
User Info
Anytime Rory, If I see any heads for sale, I can always see if its viable, cost wise with the seller, to send to you. If you would be interested that is.

The Head alone retails for £15 which at todays rate, is roughly $23.
Postage i haven't a clue Smile

I've copied the vendors description of the razor head, just for other members to have a rough idea of what we're discussing.

Hope it helps....

Plated with shiny chrome, the head will deliver a shave that's slightly more assertive than you'll get from a Muhle closed head razor and Merkur closed head razors. The head weighs 40g.

To provide you with an indication of how aggressive the head is; a cut throat razor would rate as a 10 out of 10 in terms of aggressiveness, the Muhle R89 and a Merkur 34c would rate as a 4, The Braveheart would rate as a 6.5.

The Braveheart head is compatible with all Muhle, Merkur, iKon, Goodfella and Parker handles.

0 37
 01-02-2015, 06:33 PM
User Info
Thanks again, Pedro. It looks like I have a line on a Braveheart head. I'll provide updates.

8 915