01-02-2015, 04:42 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
My bank account is suddenly $103.89 IN THE RED. Someone somehow got my debit card information and ran up gift cards
made out to above.I've been day getting the charges removed and contacting some giftcard company with outsourced customer service in Mumbai. Devendra, aka DAVID was POSITIVE I had bought the cards until I yelled some very uncomplimentary words in Hindi. His manager removed the charges.
Now I'm deleting all my online 'SECURE' accounts too.
In our 'paperless' economy I might as well use my cash for TP
except for Bullgoose.

2 3,171
 01-02-2015, 04:52 PM
User Info
Good luck resolving this, Kav.

89 21,242
 01-02-2015, 05:09 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
All the charges were removed @ 5:00P.M. I'm just wondering when and with whom I was defrauded.

2 3,171
 01-02-2015, 05:42 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Chris, you are so right about our cashless society. Something that is supposed to be so secure simply isn't. Sad

2 5,000
 01-02-2015, 05:44 PM
User Info
Sorry to hear but glad its getting straightened out. Hope they get the person!

154 3,791
 01-02-2015, 06:17 PM
User Info
Sorry you are having this trouble. I had to have my cards replaced twice in one year (target and Home Depot)...it's a pita. Glad it's getting taken care of for you.

31 1,800
 01-03-2015, 12:35 PM
User Info
The only guarantee in life is dying and paying taxes. Glad it was resolved for you and you got your money back.

146 14,051
 01-04-2015, 10:37 AM
  • Karlo
  • Manila, PHL
User Info
Kav,

It took a lot for me to make the online shopping leap and it was a debit card that made it possible. I only fund the card when I intend to make a purchase. Otherwise, it stays quite empty.

Glad they were able to sort things out.

2 286
 01-04-2015, 04:45 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
(01-04-2015, 10:37 AM)Karlo Wrote: Kav,

It took a lot for me to make the online shopping leap and it was a debit card that made it possible. I only fund the card when I intend to make a purchase. Otherwise, it stays quite empty.

Glad they were able to sort things out.

She's in Ventura County JailAaaaa I had to file a police complaint to get the market to legally release their surveillance video. I only use PAYPALL online and that rarely.
A review of my records found no unauthorized gift cards. My only other use was an emergency dip into my meager funds to buy Pyewacket food and a bag of litter mid month. NEVER,run out of food or cat litter. Absolutely amazing, this broad was 'talking' on her cellphone and captured my information and watched my fingers type the pin with a mini camera. The police knew her immediately. The last days were, and still are
a PITA. My card still hasn't been reactivated, the lost time and aggravation right after the stress of holidays and feeling invaded by some anonymous thief. Most worrysome was having enough to pay rent on time.Angry

2 3,171
 01-04-2015, 06:37 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I'm sorry to hear about this Kav. I can sort of relate as a few years ago I had my PayPal account hacked...and at the time I made the mistake of having it linked to my main bank account, and of course that was drained. The annoying part was that PayPal immediately acknowledged it was fraud but I still had to wait 7 days to get my money back...thankfully just in time to pay MY rent Sad

In this day and age, it's hard to truly be safe despite all the measures we take. Glad they caught her, but I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all that...and you'll probably still be cleaning up weeks from now...

34 1,627