01-03-2015, 11:18 PM
User Info
I've taken my various aftershaves and decanted them into dasher bottles. Why? More uniformity for a future shaving shelf DIY build.

Anyone else decant?

[Image: as-decanted.jpg]

1 125
 01-04-2015, 02:39 AM
User Info
indeed a beautiful rainbow you got there, but i don't do anything like it and i just use one splash. i think you miss a color: white Biggrin

7 1,624
 01-04-2015, 06:34 AM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
I have a few vintage bottles I decant into. A very early Pinnaud bottle for my Clubman. A 1950's era Aqua Velva bottle that I got with product inside which I used. It now contains modern formula. The original was a bit more subtle but lasted longer...An 1890's patent medicine bottle for my bay rum. A skull shaped liquor bottle (not vintage) that is full of Osage Rub. (really cool green skull). I also have a 1940's era bottle of "The Veg" that is still 1/2 full of the original stuff. Smells great. Much more subtle than the modern stuff. I only use it on special occasions. When it runs out I guess I'll keep more Veg in it... I have a vintage barber bottle that I keep my witch hazel in. Does that count too? I keep all my vintage and decanted bottles on the same shelf in my nook....

5 1,151
 01-04-2015, 02:24 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I only buy glass. Plastic often has deleterious effects on scent and is an ecological nightmare I keep to a minimum.
I like the kaliedoscope dance of morning light on the bottles
the different shapes and ephemera labels.
I like letting people know what I like and how much I use.
I don't like the fact no one else catches on, or sees the price and decides against buying.

2 3,171
 01-05-2015, 12:51 PM
  • KRpdx
  • Portland, OR
User Info
I frequently decant AS from dasher bottles to 2-3 oz spray bottles. Sometimes just a few sprays to the palm is more than enough to do the job.

12 163
 01-05-2015, 12:54 PM
User Info
I have several old glass Aqua Velva bottles I use.

Ed

21 751
 01-06-2015, 08:03 PM
User Info
Excellent idea. the smaller the bottle the better it mixes.
Only after mixing my large bottle Pinaud did I find I like it. As a newbie...!

Anybody who let their aftershave air before use? That I thought about when I read the title as well.

Looking forward to getting some small bottles for on the shelf. Some large bottles are on their way Smile Philipp

21 1,175