01-04-2015, 05:42 PM
User Info
Greetings TSN,

I have a couple non-folding Feather Artist Club razors that I bought, tried, and have finally decided to just stick with my Cobra Classic and Mongoose. However, I know these razors garner some intrigue within the community and I wanted to offer an opportunity for others to try them. (If we can gather the names of at least 5 members I will start the tour.) I provide the razors and the blades, and you are responsible for shaving yourself.

THE RULES
Gents, nothing but a bit of common courtesy here, meant to keep the tour fair, fun and safe.

1. Participants are required to have been a member of TSN for a minimum of 3 months and be an active member of the community in good standing. Please send me a PM if you are interested in being on the list.

2. The first round of the tour will be limited to the CONUS so that members are not having to deal with customs and excessive shipping costs. If the CONUS tour runs its course I might consider letting the Feathers fly far and wide.

3. Please limit your time with the gear to no more than 10 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. There will be exceptions, and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (e.g., vacation, job constraints, travel) please let me know so we can adjust the order. When you have the razor and your turn is nearing its end, please contact the next member on the list so you can obtain their shipping information and keep the momentum going.

4. The package will contain 1 Feather RG razor, 1 Feather SS razor and several packages of blades, such as Kai Milds and Feather Professional and Super Professionals, and a case to hold it all. While I can often get close to 10 shaves with each blade, members are invited to try one of of each type of blade if they wish.

5. I am shipping the razors clean and sterilized. Please do the same before shipping them off to the next member. Soapy hot water, Barbicide or Scrubby Bubbles are fine. Boiling water and bleach/chlorine will ruin the razors so please refrain.

6. The case with all of the gear fits perfectly in a small Priority Mail flat rate box. You do not have to use Priority Mail, but I am requesting if you want to participate in the tour you be willing to insure the package for at least $200. (I believe it is $8.85 total.) This will allow me to replace at least one of the razors should USPS lose the package.

7. Communicate! Post in this thread or PM me as needed if you have questions. It is never fun to track you down if you are in possession of some expensive toys.

8. Share your impressions with your fellow TSN members.

9. Have fun!

[Image: Feather001_zpscd7b0b11.jpg]

[Image: Feather002_zps64e0f2a8.jpg]

[Image: Feather003_zps9d80750a.jpg]

[Image: Feather005_zps058c0d42.jpg]

61 487
 01-04-2015, 09:11 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Wonderfully generous offer (AGAIN) Michael! Thumbsup
I applaud your dedication to the wet shaving community. Clap

Jump onboard gentlemen (and ladies).
I prefer the non folding Feather AC compared to the folding and they are a great introduction/alternative to straights (without the issue of maintaining an edge).

99 18,011
 01-05-2015, 06:21 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Agree with Ben, another wonderful jester by Michael.

I have one of the SS razors and love it but I would like to try the RG, so I have sent Michael a PM.

Michael, thanks for your support of the wet shaving community and TSN.

178 23,809
 01-05-2015, 09:06 AM
User Info
We have 2 members on the list so far. 3 more and the Feathers will fly..

61 487
 01-05-2015, 03:38 PM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
I will not be on the list but highly recommend the razors for anyone to try, I do have experience with them.
Shave off the lather, not the skin. A very light touch and allow the razor some freedom to follow contours of the face.
Enjoy!
~Richard

8 1,194
 01-05-2015, 09:33 PM
User Info
Michael, you are a truly kind and wonderful gentlemen, my friend! Clap

83 21,077
 01-05-2015, 10:06 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
What an excellent pass-around!

Like Mantic says with his Progress... me the same with my Feather Artist Club SS Non-folding razor
"you'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead, hands!"

I can only speak of the SS non-folding, PHENOM!
Excellent razor!

9 1,684
 01-06-2015, 10:41 AM
User Info
I hope this tour takes wing! I have asked to be a part of it.
I like my Weck SextoBlade a lot but am keen to see what the Feather ACs are like.

8 916
 01-09-2015, 01:30 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Add me to the list. I will only be using the non folding and look forward to it.

15 970
 01-10-2015, 08:05 AM
  • RSP1
  • Western NY
User Info
These razors are great and poonjaji is a very generous man. He led me to buy the SS non-folding version and it's taken over the top spot for me. Jump on this offer guys.

12 323
 01-10-2015, 04:46 PM
User Info
Michael, is a dip in rubbing alcohol either recommended or sufficient as a sterilization procedure? I'd keep the handle clear.

8 916
 01-12-2015, 10:14 AM
  • Owl
  • Sweden
User Info
As a user of the Feather Artist Club and Kai Captain razors, I strong urge anyone with even the slightest interest to give this a try. Incredible razors.

0 24
 02-09-2015, 08:59 PM
User Info
Hi All,

My apologies for this thread going dark for a while, but the tour is happening and the razors are in the hands of the first participant.  Please see the first post if you are interested in joining, and reach out if you have any questions.  

Feather Artist Club Tour
lfs70
mikeperry
Rory1262
ka9fax
tsimmns

61 487
 02-09-2015, 09:13 PM
User Info
(01-10-2015, 04:46 PM)Rory1262 Wrote: Michael, is a dip in rubbing alcohol either recommended or sufficient as a sterilization procedure? I'd keep the handle clear.

Yes, I believe that is more than sufficient, though if other members have thoughts or advice on cleaning/sterilizing these specific razors I welcome them.  The main thing is not to use boiling water or bleach as they will be very effective at ruining the razors.  I have recollections of a member on some forum cleaning his Feather AS-D1 with bleach and, well, only part of the razor was left when he was done.   Sad

61 487
 02-10-2015, 03:08 AM
User Info
Thank you very much for everything related to this tour, Michael. This will be fun.

8 916
 02-10-2015, 10:01 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(02-09-2015, 08:59 PM)poonjaji Wrote: My apologies for this thread going dark for a while, but the tour is happening and the razors are in the hands of the first participant.  Please see the first post if you are interested in joining...

Hi Michael

Thank you for including me on this pass around, I greatly appreciate you doing so Cheers

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 02-11-2015, 05:16 AM
User Info
While I won't be joining this pass-around (I've owned and used both those razors), I do encourage users here to join if they're in any way curious about these razors. The Feather/Kai blades are excellent, and these razors are fun to use. 

Thanks for organizing this, Michael. 

37 1,743
 02-11-2015, 01:38 PM
User Info
Hello tismmns -- I'll be out of the country from next Tuesday, February 17 through Saturday, February 21.
So it could be to our mutual advantage to swap positions.

Much depends on lfs70, who (I believe) still has plenty of time to enjoy the razors under Michael's guideline.

Let's see how it goes. Thanks.

8 916
 02-12-2015, 11:34 AM
User Info
An update, Michael:

Mike Perry is getting the razors next, then it'll be me.
Tsimmns told me that he is going to be away for a while, so ka9fax will follow me.
We'll see where things stand after that.

8 916
 02-13-2015, 08:49 AM
User Info
(01-05-2015, 03:38 PM)geezer Wrote: Shave off the lather, not the skin. A very light touch and allow the razor some freedom to follow contours of the face.
Enjoy!
~Richard

Thanks for this tip, Richard. As I await my turn in the tour, I practiced today with my Weck Sextoblade -- no guard.
I almost made it through 100% unscathed for the first time. There was just one small weeper in a hollow of the throat.

8 916