01-04-2015, 08:03 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I often travel about almost 300 kilometres down south to our state's premier wine region. My wife and I take our three children and we stay with her parents who reside in the area on a large property. The area is quite a destination for tourists and locals alike. The wine and food are a highlight of the visit and I always come home with a few bottle to quaff or add to my collection.

I take along some shaving equipment in the interest of maintaining a gentlemanly standard to my grooming, but have struggled to put together the ultimate kit. My travelling hardware so far consists of the choice of two razors and two brushes...

[Image: T9NBdta.png]

Simpson Manchurian Classic 1 with Travel Case in Standard rod stock and Briar.

[Image: gySsSxj.jpg]

King Cobra with UFO handle (Apollo and Tornado) with Merkur Travel Case.

I'm still without a nice dopp bag and in truth I covert the vintage inspired travel DE shave box made by Theirs Issard. It may not be extremely practical, but I image standing in a vineyard shaving in front of it's convenient mirror housed within the lid.

99 18,011
 01-04-2015, 10:08 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
Very nice!
I don't travel with anything I don't want to lose. So for me, all the best stuff stays at home.

47 1,902
 01-04-2015, 11:12 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Yes, the fear of losing luggage whilst flying would concern me, these items accompany me on road trips where there is little chance of bags going missing.

99 18,011
 01-05-2015, 12:34 AM
User Info
That is a good enough kit to use regularly Ben. I love it!

Sent from my Samsung Tablet using Tapatalk

1 1,975
 01-05-2015, 12:42 AM
User Info
ben - i always considered this 'hängekulturtasche' made by sonnenleder as the optimal travel companion to house all your shaving remedies and more. it will set you back about aud 350. the leather and overall quality is as fine as they'll ever come.

[Image: 3Y47j6U.jpg]

[Image: ZVHj4ts.jpg]

[Image: vJHsRKL.jpg]

[Image: 0G05tbV.jpg]

have a look at manufactum

about the manufacturer sonnenleder

7 1,624
 01-05-2015, 01:11 AM
User Info
Very nice case, there! Wow

Sent from my Samsung Tablet using Tapatalk

1 1,975
 01-30-2015, 08:05 PM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
I have one but it is non branded and a good bit cheaper. You may be lucky, It came from Australia in a trade. Trufit and Hill is the Name Brand.
Tonight is not my night for getting links or videos to work.

A Google or Yahoo search for "leather roll up wet pack" should extend your reach.
Use the "Images"
~Richard

8 1,194
 04-08-2015, 07:25 PM
User Info
wow, that is a handsome briar classic, and a beautiful hanging kit too, though I reckon I'd ruin it in short order. I've a nifty travel paddle strop a friend (who makes them for the invisible edge) did for me some years back. It's holster holds two small straights, a monkey tail Rodgers and a very small Nowill wedge. Then I've a super badger screw in brush and tube (can't remember the proper name for them) that I bought from AOS a decade back (no idea who was making them then) and a wee Scot. The strop is pretty handy.

[Image: hsbsu7N.jpg]

http://www.theinvisibleedge.co.uk/caserazorside1.html

8 43
 04-09-2015, 03:39 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
Those are some very nice choices in travelling hardware. My current travel kit is a bit more pedestrian for two reasons, I am cheap and I don't want to be out lots if the kit gets stolen. I'll take my Merkur slant and Simpsons Classic 1 synthetic in travel tube in a canvas rollup wet pack. I got this wet pack  https://www.frostriver.com/shop/roll-up-dopp-kit/ to hold all the items.

Bob

0 1,694
 05-23-2015, 10:34 PM
User Info
Nice to see you also use a badger or two as your travelling brush(es), Ben  Badger 2vikoro Badger

24 5,849
 05-24-2015, 05:39 AM
User Info
Above the Tie offers a beautiful leather travel case for a 3 piece DE and blades:

[Image: jUMPehW.jpg?1]
Euro

5 395