01-05-2015, 08:23 AM
User Info
Hi everyone -

Four pretty nice items up for sale today. As always, these items include CONUS shipping. I am willing to mail these internationally, but would need to negotiate with buyer. For the items over $25, I will ship USPS Priority Mail with tracking. For the items $25 and under I will ship USPS First Class (tracking is an additional $1).

(1) Mongoose Satin head with Dr. Bomber and Big Bomber handles. This is from batch 2. For those who have not been following the discussion of this razor, this is a recently-developed alternative to the Cobra Classic/King Cobra razors which take the Feather Artist Club-style single-edge blades. This was released to get anticipation in the fall and is a world-class fully stainless-steel razor. This is the "S3" set, which includes the Dr. Bomber (pictured with razor head) and the Big Bomber handles. These have a really-well machined "barberpole" style handle and goes very well with the satin head. One minor issue that some of the early adopters have is that the posts which secure the blade were tooled to fit the blades themselves; as you can see these are perfectly machined without any tooling marks.

I prefer the satin finish as it is less prone to blemishes or the sometimes-occurring "tea stains" that can appear on polished stainless steel razors. I will also include a pack of Feather A/C Professional blades, with 19 blades left. I still have the box and the original directions. I bought the Mongoose for $189, so that is what I'm selling it for (i.e. the blades come free!): $189. SOLD! Thanks texquill and TSN!

(2) Art of Shaving Lavender shaving soap with bowl. This is the tallow-based version which is no longer produced. Art of Shaving's tallow-based soaps are widely regarded as the "best that Art of Shaving has made." These were made by the Virgilio Valobra di Guglielmo Valobra ("Valobra") in Genoa, Italy. What I like about this particular scent is that it does not have the "clay" scent that is pretty dominant in Valobra tallow-based soaps (its neither nor bad, but it is present). It is a Lavender-based scent, which is known for being a calming and relaxing scent. I would estimate that there is about 95% left; I am the second owner and I used it about 5 times. The bowl is in great condition and even the box is in decent condition! I bought this for $45 so I figured I would sell it for $40, shipped.

(3) D.R. Harris Marlborough shaving soap in beech-effect bowl. Also tallow-based. D.R. Harris' soaps are also among the best in the shaving world and the Marlborough scent is a very classic, "manly" scent. It is described as a "warm woody scent" with notes of cedar, sandalwood, and other wood notes. I would also estimate there is about 90% left of this soap; I am the second owner and I only used it 2-3 times. The bowl is in great shape (no box unfortunately). I bought this soap for $25 so I was thinking $20 shipped.

(4) R.A. Rooney Best badger brush in faux ebony handle, 2/1 style. 20mm knot by 46mm loft. This is the "best" badger range and has a little bit of scritch to it, certainly not as a soft as their super/silvertip range. It is less dense than similar makers' but I prefer less dense brushes. Also, it had no problem whipping up lather from both my Barrister & Mann and Mitchell's Wool Fat soaps. The handle is gorgeous and I really love that "2" style curvy handle (similar to Simpson's Persian Jar). This is a great deal, IMHO; I bought it for $15 used and that's what I'm looking for: $15 shipped. SOLD! Thanks mkmbronco and TSN!

As always, feel free to comment on my pricing and descriptions in this thread. For any other inquiries, please PM me directly. I will do my best to get everything out the same day I receive payment or the following morning at the very latest.

Thanks for looking!
Josh

84 1,505
 01-05-2015, 08:25 AM
User Info
Unbelievable prices here Josh, Great work!

63 1,720
 01-05-2015, 09:09 AM
User Info
Buy with confidence guys, Josh is a great seller and an all around nice guy!

23 656
 01-05-2015, 09:26 AM
User Info
Great prices !! Glwts

61 3,072
 01-05-2015, 11:42 AM
User Info
D.R. Harris Marlborough has to be one of my favorite scents.Winky

6 589
 01-05-2015, 11:44 AM
User Info
Mongoose pictures, please.

Never mind, missed the "sold" Sad

39 3,918
 01-12-2015, 12:30 PM
User Info
BUMP! Also, I'd be willing to trade for either a FaTip or a Parker 26C. See WTTF post here.

84 1,505
 01-14-2015, 12:10 PM
User Info
No bites on the soaps so mods please withdraw.

84 1,505