03-04-2012, 12:49 PM
User Info
I was wondering about how long it takes one of these to completely dry after using it, it took mine 2 days to completely dry to the bottom center of the knot. i was just wondering if this was normal?

0 90
 03-04-2012, 02:53 PM
User Info
I have not used one but a friend of mine mentioned having the same thing happen, so I would assume it's fairly normal. Just a big brush! I have been thinking about getting one, do you like it?

0 33
 03-04-2012, 03:00 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I had one and it was just too dense for me. I traded it for a Simpsons Tulip with another member. I've yet to get it yet.

116 3,804
 03-04-2012, 03:11 PM
User Info
Two days or three days for mine (in super hair grade).

It is one of the chubby major drawback along with the amount of product it eats every shave. I use mine once in a while now.

0 42
 03-04-2012, 04:26 PM
User Info
(03-04-2012, 02:53 PM)Jbyrnes88 Wrote: I have not used one but a friend of mine mentioned having the same thing happen, so I would assume it's fairly normal. Just a big brush! I have been thinking about getting one, do you like it?

When I first got it the only other brushes I has to compare it too was an EJ BBB and a Van Der Hagen boar and a VDH badger and it was awesome and super soft, softest I had at the time. Now I have a Morris and Forndran small blonde badger, and a H.L Thater 24 mm silver tip. It is no longer the softest (that award goes to the thater) but it is the biggest and most densely packed with the most back bone. I have recently started using it again and I'm really liking it the density is awesome. Yes it takes a lot of product and it is not very nimble. But it has a great scrub to it. But as always YMMV

0 90
 03-04-2012, 04:30 PM
  • GreekGuy
  • Not saving money yet....
  • La Jolla, CA
User Info
Mine takes a full day to dry throughout most of it. Probably 2 days to be bone dry. Something that helps is gently compressing the knot with a towel, which sucks out some water. Also, leaving it in a well-ventilated area, as opposed to a bathroom, substantially decreases the drying time.

9 541
 03-04-2012, 11:20 PM
User Info
(03-04-2012, 04:30 PM)GreekGuy Wrote: Also, leaving it in a well-ventilated area, as opposed to a bathroom, substantially decreases the drying time.

I will have to try this hopefully it works, lately i have been wanting to use it more and more.

0 90
 03-28-2012, 12:21 PM
User Info
Should be a maximum of a couple of days to dry out completely.
Rather than just leaving the brush to stand for the two days, after day one simply run your palm across the tips of the knot. This will help to loosen the hairs from each other and allow capillary action to work better again. And as said by Greekguy it does depend on where you stand the brush. Bedroom window ledge or sideboard is better than bathroom but as for all of us, the bathroom is the easier and more convenient option.

Gary

0 213
 03-28-2012, 12:52 PM
User Info
(03-28-2012, 12:21 PM)Gary Young Wrote: Should be a maximum of a couple of days to dry out completely.
Rather than just leaving the brush to stand for the two days, after day one simply run your palm across the tips of the knot. This will help to loosen the hairs from each other and allow capillary action to work better again. And as said by Greekguy it does depend on where you stand the brush. Bedroom window ledge or sideboard is better than bathroom but as for all of us, the bathroom is the easier and more convenient option.

Gary

will do. Is it okay to use the brush again if it is not fully dried out, not the next day but every other day?

0 90
 03-28-2012, 01:03 PM
User Info
(03-28-2012, 12:52 PM)CryptoSOLO Wrote: will do. Is it okay to use the brush again if it is not fully dried out, not the next day but every other day?

Yeah it should be. My regular go to brush (and mine and the guys of the Simpson clan's favourite brush) is the Chubby 2 in Best so I use mine quite often every other day. The one I use is one I made around 28 years ago and I haven't had any issues yet using this routine.

Gary

0 213
 03-31-2012, 06:39 PM
User Info
My experience with the Chubby 2 Best is that it does take 2 days for it to completely dry. After shaving I place mine in a brush stand and let it hang upside down for one day. I remove the brush from the stand run my hand across the tips a couple of times and place it on the shelf with my other brushes.

29 1,731
 04-15-2012, 07:00 PM
User Info
I use my CH2 Super every other day since I definitely notice some slight dampness the day after. Aside from running my hands along the top of the hairs, I also run a soft brush over the top of it when its dry, once or twice a week during the first month of use just because I found it helps soften the tips.

Of course, if there's anything wrong with this, someone feel free to explain why but for some reason part of me feels my brush secretly enjoys this occasional pampering. Smile

64 796
 04-15-2012, 07:52 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I certainly haven't measured the moisture content but in my experience, no brush takes longer than one day to dry. FWIW, I almost always rub the head before bedtime, as Gary describes, and the brush feels perfectly dry. I should also add I flick the brush vigorously 2-3 times after rinsing and squeezing out water so there is little chance of excessive moisture from the start.

35 2,703
 04-15-2012, 08:51 PM
User Info
I've also had some success very gently "lathering" the brush on a towel at bedtime. As mentioned before, just to help the capillary action.

0 221
 04-16-2012, 07:09 PM
User Info
Not to hijack but I have the same issue with another brush... The QED select...it takes 2 days for it also. Is it wrong to use a hair dryer on a low heat or cool setting?

5 413
 04-16-2012, 09:35 PM
  • GreekGuy
  • Not saving money yet....
  • La Jolla, CA
User Info
(04-16-2012, 07:09 PM)Krisbarger Wrote: Not to hijack but I have the same issue with another brush... The QED select...it takes 2 days for it also. Is it wrong to use a hair dryer on a low heat or cool setting?

Yes. Do NOT use a hairdryer on your brushes.

If you need it to dry faster, place it in the sun and/or well ventilated area. Better yet, buy a second brush

9 541