01-09-2015, 03:51 PM
User Info
The first shave with this brush was both panic and pleasure.

The panic. I filled my Georgetown G3 with hot water, placed the Chubby in the water, and went about my business to make a soap selection. When I looked back at the scuttle, the water was almost black. I pulled out the Chubby and the knot was dark gray. I had a mug of MWF sitting on the counter and began to "wash" the brush in the MWF. After a few lathers and rinses, the Chubby knot returned to its original color. It appears, at least for me, that once the black stain Gustavo uses is "washed off" the bleeding of the stain no longer occurs.

The pleasure. I cleaned up the mess and proceeded with TOBS Avocado. What a wonderful brush. Great, soft knot, easy to lather, feels great on the face. All-in-all, about the best brush I have used. Gustavo made a winner with this line of brushes. I now see why this brush received the reviews it did. Definitely a keeper and it will be frequently used.

21 751
 01-09-2015, 07:22 PM
User Info
Now, that sounds like an adventurous morning! Great to hear you enjoyed the brush! Biggrin

82 21,056
 01-10-2015, 05:07 AM
User Info
Yes, the stain only runs on first use, thereafter, it remains stable. I always rinse my new brushes under the running tap when I receive them, before putting them to shaving use.

Gustavo uses wonderful knots. The Manchurian hair is the softest I know of, the whitest I know of, and the best in face feel.

Enjoy your latest acquisition to the full.Smile

31 5,282
 01-10-2015, 05:42 AM
User Info
Enjoy! This brush is impressive Biggrin

8 1,676