03-04-2012, 01:43 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Today, I used the Kiehl's Lite Flite for the first time. I had heard about it and had been trying to get a sample at a Kiehl's shop through the past year. They always seemed to be out of that particular sample and, finally, about a week ago, I was told that the product had been discontinued and they were only making their brushless cream. A few days later my friend and I were in an outlet mall and there, in one of those perfume shops that seem to be everywhere, was a table with the full size cream on sale for $10.00 so I decided to go for it. When I mentioned to the saleslady that I was told it was out of production she said that that was probably why they had it. Sort of like a remaindered book, I guess.

It doesn't take much product to whip up into a beautiful lather. I am a bowl latherer and making a lather with my Frank Shaving Finest badger brush and the Kiehl's is about as easy as it gets, even using San Diego's notoriously hard water. The lather I got was good enough for even more than the three passes I used for my shave and I never had to return to the bowl for more.

This cream proved to be protective and made my skin feel nicely moisturized but not oily. I was interrupted by a short phone call and there was really no dryness to the skin before I rinsed off the shaving lather residue. The razor had decent glide, too.

As with the new Lavanda shaving cream, which I also reviewed, the scent was my biggest letdown. I'm not even sure I liked it and if I was purchasing based on scent alone then I probably would not have bought this. I can see where some might really dislike it but I just thought it was forgettable.

There is menthol listed but because I used American Crew pre-shave oil which is strongly mentholated I'm not sure how strong the cooling effect of the shave cream alone is.

I find the price of $10.00 for a 4.5 oz./128 g. tub very reasonable for a cream of such excellent quality. Again, it seems to be out of production but some NOS is still around.

I would definitely repurchase the Kiehl's Lite Flite Shave Cream For The Brush. It is a superb product, with the exception of the scent.

Lather: ✭✭✭✭✭
Durability of Lather: ✭✭✭✭✭
Protection: ✭✭✭✭✭
Glide: ✭✭✭✭
Scent: ✭
Price: ✭✭✭✭✭
Would I repurchase: ✭✭✭✭✭
Overall score: ✭✭✭✭¼

✭✭✭✭✭ Outstanding
✭✭✭✭ Excellent
✭✭✭ Good
✭✭ Poor
✭ Don't Waste Your Time or Money

[Image: P1020897.jpg]

2 11,211
 05-28-2013, 12:49 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
FYI, they are making this product again.

173 23,500
 05-28-2013, 03:05 AM
  • JaDo
  • Dallas, TX
User Info
It looks like it is back (based on comments on their site) I wonder if they changed it.

6 235
 05-28-2013, 08:06 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I don't know, but I am sure thinking about trying it, along with a couple more of their products.

173 23,500
 05-28-2013, 08:35 AM
User Info
Hum... there's a Kiehls shop around here, I never care to make them a visit... got to do so somewhere in the near future...

2 5,527
 05-29-2013, 09:23 AM
User Info
I have a Kiehl's store nearby, I might give it a try...

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M usando Tapatalk 2

10 605
 05-30-2013, 12:24 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, I ordered some of this soap and their balm. Will try almost anything, once.

173 23,500
 06-04-2013, 07:41 PM
User Info
I read Johnny's review, and that does it, I'm going for it this weekend!

10 605
 06-05-2013, 04:25 AM
User Info
I picked some up at Nordstroms this past weekend and had a positive first impression

31 1,800