05-16-2017, 06:36 PM
User Info
That brush is really nice. If it lathers half as good as it looks your in for a treat... I'm jealous ?

7 114
 05-16-2017, 07:01 PM
User Info
Wow. That is sharp Barry.

I really like it. I mean, I haven't seen a brush that piqued my interest like that in a while. I wish I could get one. I don't understand how to order or contact him though. I'm not really interested in bugging him either or waiting 6 months.

I hope it gives you years of enjoyment and good performance!

7 1,315
 05-17-2017, 07:15 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
First shave report:
To answer your question. I waited a year for this brush and I had to bug Florian  (gently) the last 4 months. It was worth it from my perspective.
Pre-shave I conditioned the brush:
1. Soaked the brush for 1/2 hour in Borax and warm water. Then rinsed the brush thoroughly
2. Soaked brush in CO Bigalow Bay Rum body soap and warm water 1/2 hour
3. Finally, Soaked brush in my wife's hair conditioner and warm water for 5 minutes. Never do this step for any longer than 5 minutes.
4. Rinse very well and let the brush dry overnight.
The brush bloomed beautifully. Here are 2 pictures.
[Image: hd0TPMZ.jpg][Image: 4lSieYr.jpg]

The brush bloomed beautifully. The first thing that strikes you about this brush is how ergonomically the handle is designed. I have small hands and some arthritis in both hands. I am most comfortable using a 24 mm brush and smaller than the big heavier brushes. This brush is 28 mm and as soon as I saw it I thought this brush was going to be too big and heavy for me. However, as soon as I held it by the handle I realized the brush was so well balanced and comfortable that it's size and weight were no problem at all.
While soaping up the brush I worried that it was a soap hog. I kept soaping the brush and the soap kept disappearing. It turns out that again I am not used to using such a large brush and this need for large quantity of soap is just inherent in the large size of the brush. I proceeded to use a combination of bowl lathering and face lathering. That is I whipped up some lather in a bowl but not quite ready to apply to the face. I applied it to my face and completed the task as a face lather. 
The brush gave up the lather easily with excellent flow through. I did a 3 pass shave and at the end of the third pass there was still enough soap to do at least another 2 or 3 passes. Guess I just have to get used to a large brush. 
The brush had enough backbone to do a great face lather. The tips of the brush however were no where near soft enough to please me. I tend to like soft brushes with gel tips. I know the brush will break in and probably be a keeper.
I keep my brushes in an old stamp holder. Each tier holds 8 brushes. As you go down the tiers the brushes place denotes my rating of the brush . The brushes at the bottom are seldom used. So far this brush deserved to be somewhere between number 9 and number 16

68 1,047
 05-20-2017, 11:00 PM
User Info
damn…this thread is making me want a second….my knight is 28mm

anyone know if florian does 24mm or 26mm in white badger?

1 107
 05-21-2017, 06:23 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
He makes a bunch of 26 mm but no 24mm.
26mm brushes
Barber basket captain flagon Keyhive marshall and Vase

68 1,047
 05-21-2017, 12:44 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
Third shave with The Knight. Brush has broken in. Ends split soft soft tips. Brush moved up to top tier Top 8 of my brushes. Tomorrows shave Charcoal razor, Feather blade, The knight, Dark Lime Meissner Soap and Dark lime aftershave.

68 1,047
 05-21-2017, 01:03 PM
User Info
Sounds like a SOTD picture is in order Barry.

48 5,727
 05-23-2017, 01:10 PM
User Info
didn't bother to read the whole thread but my questions are. Is he making brushes again, where do you order from and how long does it take to get one? If hes making brushes again!?!

0 76
 05-23-2017, 02:08 PM
User Info
(05-23-2017, 01:10 PM)shavealife Wrote: didn't bother to read the whole thread but my questions are. Is he making brushes again, where do you order from and how long does it take to get one? If hes making brushes again!?!

Those questions are most likely not able to be answered with any confidence. What's been seen over the past few months are brushes that were ordered last year are being sent out to gents that have had arrangements for these brushes to be made for quite some time. New brush orders to my knowledge are not being spoke of. Your best bet is to email Florian directly using the email associated with the original wiborg website.

60 1,410