01-15-2015, 04:31 AM
User Info
I was rear ended yesterday at a read light (for the fourth time). The girl that hit me then proceeded to leave the scene. I was able to jot down her licence plate. Long story short, several state troopers & local police officers later the girl was tracked down at her grandparents house. The officer didn't issue any citations for the accident nor for leaving the scene. He then gave her my personal cell phone number which she called me on stating that she was "SORRY". I have been given none of her info regarding insurance. I called the police station to inquire as to what was going on. My call was forwarded to the officer again. He told me she wanted to settle without getting her insurance involved. Also that he had been an officer for 15 years & knew what he was doing. Meanwhile my car is damaged and I'm supposed to take the word of a very young stranger that says she'll pay for the damage. Angry

6 589
 01-15-2015, 04:44 AM
User Info
Speaking as a trooper.. you need to file a complaint with his supervisor. That's plain ol laziness and neglect of duty. Don't let it go. Total bs. That's called s hit and run of an attended vehicle and she not only should be cited, it's a misdemeanor in PA.

11 230
 01-15-2015, 06:32 AM
User Info
(01-15-2015, 04:44 AM)AngryGreek Wrote: Umm I'm a trooper.. you need to file a complaint with his supervisor. That's plain ol laziness and neglect of duty. Don't let it go. Total bs. That's called s hit and run of an attended vehicle and she not only should be cited, it's a misdemeanor in PA.

I have several family member that are in law inforcement. Ive spoken to them & they said the same thing. Its a class C misdemeaner here as well, I called the police department & they wouldn't allow me to speak to any supervisors, only the officer involved. He knew my cousin that's a trooper and strated bad mouthing troopers and the way they handle things. Tomorrow I'm picking up the accident report and while I'm there I will speak with a captain as they don't have lieutenants.

6 589
 01-15-2015, 06:35 AM
User Info
It's very easy to sweep things away via phone. Hi there in person and demand to speak to a supervisor. You know what, I'm going to say it..That's one reason that some local officers and troopers don't always get along the greatest.

11 230
 01-15-2015, 07:31 AM
User Info
(01-15-2015, 06:35 AM)AngryGreek Wrote: You know what, I'm going to say it..That's one reason that some local officers and troopers don't always get along the greatest.
+1

6 589
 01-15-2015, 11:07 AM
User Info
This is crazy! Cap, please pursue and push forward. They, the girl and sorry officer, don't get to do this to anyone!

Sent from my Samsung Tablet using Tapatalk

1 1,975
 01-15-2015, 01:11 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
That is unbelievable! Definitely don't let this go. If you do then the same thing will happen to someone else.

2 5,000
 01-15-2015, 05:38 PM
User Info
The same crap happened to me a couple years ago stopped at a red light except the young woman that hit me was the daughter of a local police officer. She fled the scene and I had to chase her down. I filed a report and got told she was sorry, a dumb girl and it was a minor mistake(more or less let it drop in not so many words.) I told my insurance company and they fixed my car

18 596
 01-15-2015, 05:54 PM
User Info
agree this is ridiculous. immature or not you don't leave a scene without at least a note. she got caught and should step up. lackadaisical policing is not cool either. I volunteer with sheriff's office.

80 1,451
 01-16-2015, 12:12 PM
User Info
UPDATE: damage estimate is $620.96
I went to pick up the accident report at the police station and was given a "blue" form which is a private property accident insurance exchange. The accident occurred next to hwy I-10 not a parking lot. I wont be able to speak with his superior until 6:00pm so I then called my cousin which happens to be a lieutinant and second in command at a certain PD not too far from here. He said he's looking into it for me & that it was total bs. He told me to tell them the report I was given is unacceptable & to request an official TxDot report with diagram. Also to file a complaint against the officer. So I'll wait & see what happens now....Eusa_whistle

6 589
 01-16-2015, 12:26 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
The PD in question needs to be held accountable for this screwup but, if you have the contact information for the young lady that hit you, present her with the estimate and see if she will give you the $620.96

I believe your state by law requires at a minimum liability insurance and if she does not have it, she should have her license suspended for at least a year.

I would also get your insurance company involved in this.

182 25,472
 01-16-2015, 12:44 PM
User Info
I wonder if that officer knows the girl or is related to her?

3 218
 01-16-2015, 02:36 PM
User Info
(01-16-2015, 12:44 PM)Rallypoint_1 Wrote: I wonder if that officer knows the girl or is related to her?

Exactly!

(01-16-2015, 12:26 PM)Johnny Wrote: The PD in question needs to be held accountable for this screwup but, if you have the contact information for the young lady that hit you, present her with the estimate and see if she will give you the $620.96

I believe your state by law requires at a minimum liability insurance and if she does not have it, she should have her license suspended for at least a year.

I would also get your insurance company involved in this.

I cant involve any insurances because right now there isnt any record of the accident. Its been filed as if it happened in a parking lot & that she didn't leave the scene. I believe she has insurance it was her grandfathers car. He doesn't want to claim it because she already has multiple accidents filed on it now. Her grandfather will most likely have to pay for it. I'm upset that she got away with a hit & run. She should have been arrested and issued several citations. If I tried something like that they would put me UNDER the jail. Ultimately her grandfather gets screwed because of his low life granddaughter. It won't affect her in any way.

6 589
 01-17-2015, 05:26 PM
  • Jovan
  • Banned
  • Traveling USA
User Info
Sorry for your problem. Good luck.

2 479
 01-21-2015, 11:05 AM
User Info
Well I ended up having to sue the girls insurance company as her grandfather decided the damage "just costs too much". The insurance has now accepted full responsibility for the accident. They are paying for all damages + a rental car. I am meeting with the lieutenant & captain of the officer in question later this week. I will be filing a complaint against the officer as well with the state trooper involved as a witness.

6 589
 01-21-2015, 12:00 PM
User Info
Good...You should also contact the DAs office to file the complaint against the dept.

11 230
 01-21-2015, 12:26 PM
User Info
 01-21-2015, 12:31 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(01-21-2015, 11:05 AM)captain caveman Wrote: Well I ended up having to sue the girls insurance company as her grandfather decided the damage "just costs too much". The insurance has now accepted full responsibility for the accident. They are paying for all damages + a rental car.  I am meeting with the lieutenant & captain of the officer in question later this week. I will be filing a complaint against the officer as well with the state trooper involved as a witness.

Let us know how the meeting goes.  That young lady should have received two citations.

1. Not paying attention and rear ending you.
2. Leaving the scene.

182 25,472
 01-21-2015, 01:34 PM
User Info
(01-21-2015, 12:31 PM)Johnny Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 11:05 AM)captain caveman Wrote: Well I ended up having to sue the girls insurance company as her grandfather decided the damage "just costs too much". The insurance has now accepted full responsibility for the accident. They are paying for all damages + a rental car.  I am meeting with the lieutenant & captain of the officer in question later this week. I will be filing a complaint against the officer as well with the state trooper involved as a witness.

Let us know how the meeting goes.  That young lady should have received two citations.

1. Not paying attention and rear ending you.
2. Leaving the scene.

---------------------------------------------------

This is crazy! Why wasn't Johnnys text quoted!?

They might have 30 days to submit a report, but without an investigation a report is  pretty useless. This really stinks like 2 week old dead fish.

32 6,566
 01-21-2015, 02:07 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Just saw this thread. Sorry to hear of your difficult time, Cap. What a hassle! It's probably somewhere between frustrating and infuriating. Good luck for a successful resolution. I'd be interested to know how things work out.

13 3,411