01-16-2015, 03:33 PM
User Info
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone's made UltraLather with Cold River Soaps before?

Thanks to Brian & Brian, I've been going with UltraLather for shaving (FYI: Great thread on it here: http://shavenook.com/thread-streamline-s...ltralather

It's my first time using Cold River Soaps (Select). So my first couple attempts are still experimental. If I may ask:

* What are your tips for UltraLather with Cold River Soaps?

* How much do you wet the puck? Do you put a good layer of warm water on there to soften it up?

* How long do you load for?

Lastly, I'm a Bowl Latherer, using a Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger, so any insights / advice would be greatly appreciated w/ this soap.

Thanks!

3 298
 01-16-2015, 04:54 PM
User Info
Ken,

I ultra all my soaps especially CRSW. I soak my badger brushes for a few minutes and then squeeze and sling the water out of them. I also cover the top of the soap with a thin layer of cold water.

I then load the brush until the tips of the brush are coated with soap. I load as long as it takes to get the tips looking like I want. It's a dry paste of soap on the tip ends. I only face lather, but from here, you should get a good lather going.

9 1,203
 01-16-2015, 05:34 PM
User Info
I am not sure what 'ultra-lather' should look like, but I can get an over-abundance of creamy lather from most soaps if I load for a long time while adding water little by little, then face-lathering!
I just realized that my lather actually looks even more abundant than in Brian's video, so I may be ultra-lathering every day without realizing it and it, definitely, helps me go through my large soap collection! Biggrin

83 21,077
 01-16-2015, 05:40 PM
User Info
I over load (ultra-lather) all soaps that I use. I find CRSW to load really easily so I don't bother placing any water on the soap in the tub. Ultra-lathered CRSW Select produces the slickest, most luxurious, most moisturizing lather that I have used. The post-shave face feel is out of this world, I especially notice this now that it is freezing up here in Connecticut. Leaves my face moisturized and feeling fantastic.

74 2,274
 01-16-2015, 05:51 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I agree with Celestino here ..

.. I simply lather .. and it works.

102 18,652