03-04-2012, 02:51 PM
User Info
Has anyone used and iKon SK9? I just purchased one and it is on its way, but I wanted to see if anyone has used one and what your opinions are! I've heard good things so far but I guess the true test is to come!

Thanks!
-Jeff

0 33
 03-04-2012, 03:34 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
I have one..it is pretty good..I think better than the OSS...gives a good shave ..a bit pricey but definitely a keeper ....use a bit of oil on the screw/bolt and might be the best of the Ikon bunch (I have them all ) so enjoy!!!!!

6 1,913
 03-05-2012, 10:28 AM
  • Qhead
  • Cleveland, Ohio
User Info
I just got my sK9 and have tried it twice now - I'm not getting as good as a shave as with my beginner Merkur, but I think I need more practice. The veterans say you need to get the correct angle. I like the heft of it but the head seems bulky and I can't get the right angle yet. Let us know once you have tried it out..

Jeff

15 185
 03-05-2012, 11:07 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I have the H20 in rotation which is essentially the same razor but with an aluminum cap rather than SS. I like it a lot and get great shaves from it. The H20 is probably my 2nd favorite iKon ever just after the 2nd generation OC Bulldog.

45 16,352
 03-07-2012, 08:48 AM
User Info
Phil
I actually just purchased mine from you're website and got it in very promptly, thank you so much!

I will use it tomorrow and report back to all! I have taken it out of the package and like the feel of it so far. Jeff I can totally understand your comment about the head being large, this will absolutely take some getting use to. But the true test is to come!
Thank you all for the feedback and I will report back with results soon!

-Jeff

0 33
 03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
  • Qhead
  • Cleveland, Ohio
User Info
(03-07-2012, 08:48 AM)Jbyrnes88 Wrote: Phil
I actually just purchased mine from you're website and got it in very promptly, thank you so much!

I will use it tomorrow and report back to all! I have taken it out of the package and like the feel of it so far. Jeff I can totally understand your comment about the head being large, this will absolutely take some getting use to. But the true test is to come!

-Jeff

I've used it a few times now and my results are gradually getting a bit better. To me, the shave seems closer if you let the top of the razor glide along the face -- that angle wouldn't work with a traditional DE razor, but here it does. I still need some time, but as of now it does not appear to be very aggressive.
(03-07-2012, 08:48 AM)Jbyrnes88 Wrote: Phil

-Jeff

I've used it a few times now and my results are gradually getting a bit better. To me, the shave seems closer if you let the top of the razor glide along the face -- that angle wouldn't work with a traditional DE razor, but here it does. I still need some time, but as of now it does not appear to be very aggressive.

15 185