01-18-2015, 04:34 PM
User Info
How far do the ends of the razor blade extend in ATT heads? Are they like iKons where there is space between the blade and the edge of the razor?

If not, why do manufacturers seem to design razors so that the blade either sticks out on either end of the head or they have space between the blade and the sides of the head? Seems like designing them to have the ends of the blade go right to the edge of the razor head but not beyond would be ideal, especially for getting close to your nose and such. Are there any modern razors designed like this?

Thanks

15 145
 01-20-2015, 09:18 PM
User Info
The blade sticks out slightly on the ATT razor heads. I always assumed it just made it easier to change the blade.

10 130
 01-20-2015, 10:31 PM
User Info
Hi Michael
As "they" say, YMMV, whatever floats yer boat, ... Different folks like different designs. I have a couple razors where the tabbed edge of the blade sticks out nearly 1/4 inch from the razor head assembly - the R41 I used today has maybe 1+ mm exposed tab.

I prefer exposed tabs. Easier to handle for blade positioning. I have one razor where the blade tabs are completely enclosed, I find it more difficult to shave in tricky areas like upper lip, soul patch area, around my chin; having a cutting edge right to the edge of the head assembly makes the job easier.

18 194
 01-21-2015, 08:36 AM
User Info
The Feather AS-D2 covers the tabs but just barely. I think that's what you were asking in the OP, right? So the tabs are covered, but the head is not all that wide, because the width of the head and the width of the blade are virtually identical.

2 1,397