01-20-2015, 08:57 PM
User Info
The new format reminds me of trying to use the fat pencils and 1" lines we had when we were in kindergarten. Is there a way to get more data on the page? I tried adding more threads per page, but was overruled by the software and it was set back to the default whatever that is.

32 6,472
 01-20-2015, 09:26 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
Is there a way to disable the right side readout and the top static bar? I like to have my text at the very topmost portion of the browser window.  "static" bars are my nearly mortal enemy.  

That and pages that hide the bar when you scroll down, but then they make the bar mysteriously reappear when you scroll up 1cm.

Edit:  One more concern is that the number for the page is quite small and tightly spaced.  This makes it more difficult to click/tap (mobile) on the correct page you're trying to navigate to.

10 759
 01-20-2015, 09:28 PM
User Info
This is going to take a bit of time getting used to this new format! Blush

83 21,115
 01-20-2015, 09:31 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
(01-20-2015, 09:28 PM)celestino Wrote: This is going to take a bit of time getting used to this new format! Blush

Indeed it will.  I expect I'll get used to it, but my initial impression is less than positive.

60 1,627
 01-20-2015, 09:58 PM
User Info
Thanks to the team for the new site. Very nice. Two things I've noticed:
1. The avatar space has been downsized to 66px from the old 70, and
2. When I try to post to a thread I'm directed to log in, even though I already am.

29 1,776
 01-20-2015, 10:04 PM
User Info
(01-20-2015, 09:58 PM)rsp1202 Wrote: I was trying to edit above post but instead got a new one. Sorry. And there's no delete button.

29 1,776
 01-20-2015, 10:05 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
(01-20-2015, 09:31 PM)MaxP Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 09:28 PM)celestino Wrote: This is going to take a bit of time getting used to this new format! Blush

Indeed it will.  I expect I'll get used to it, but my initial impression is less than positive.

Same here, they plan to have something similar on our Dutch forum :-(

28 1,449
 01-20-2015, 10:10 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
OOn a mobile phone in landscape the screen size is drastically reduced by the impossible to remove top bar:

[Image: w5lwXnT.jpg]

Also the quick icons for post formatting were great to have. Finding how to get these or even the advanced options was quite confusing and difficult.

The reply box is not scrollig down so this is all I can see:
[Image: ZryPHNX.jpg]

Thread list view does not show who made the recent post:
(Trying to insert from a quick edit but no way to go advanced edit and insert an image). See next post for the image

10 759
 01-20-2015, 10:17 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
Newest author missing
[Image: IjUoIzx.jpg]

10 759
 01-20-2015, 10:25 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Why are some thread titles grey and others light blue? Also, you could once see which thread you had posted in with the dot. Now I can't tell, or am I doing something wrong?

0 1,847
 01-20-2015, 11:10 PM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Hi, I am the person who made the theme and I do hear your concerns. Let me try and answer some

(01-20-2015, 08:57 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: The new format reminds me of trying to use the fat pencils and 1" lines we had when we were in kindergarten. Is there a way to get more data on the page? I tried adding more threads per page, but was overruled by the software and it was set back to the default whatever that is.

That is very strange and is not intentional at all. It should be possible in your user control panel to change the number of posts per page. If you cant then that is a software bug and not related to the theme. I will do some tests and check the user permissions.

(01-20-2015, 09:26 PM)grantmm Wrote: Is there a way to disable the right side readout and the top static bar? I like to have my text at the very topmost portion of the browser window.  "static" bars are my nearly mortal enemy.  

Edit:  One more concern is that the number for the page is quite small and tightly spaced.  This makes it more difficult to click/tap (mobile) on the correct page you're trying to navigate to.

I don't really know what you mean regarding the right side readout. A picture would be really useful.

The fixed top; these are a bone of contention for many; often a love it or hate it. I would like to have more mobile users chime in before I refactor the navigation.

Pagination - agreed - far too tightly packed on a mobile phone - I will look into that ASAP.

(01-20-2015, 09:58 PM)rsp1202 Wrote: Thanks to the team for the new site. Very nice. Two things I've noticed:
1. The avatar space has been downsized to 66px from the old 70, and
2. When I try to post to a thread I'm directed to log in, even though I already am.

Avatars can be 70 px again. Its a small change.

(01-20-2015, 10:25 PM)Shaun Wrote: Why are some thread titles grey and others light blue? Also, you could once see which thread you had posted in with the dot. Now I can't tell, or am I doing something wrong?

Grey means you have read it and there are no new posts; the light blue means unread/new posts. The DOT folders were not seen as widely used; again,we would have to hear from more members before looking at that again.

------------------------------

One more thing; I know how it is to have a website you go to every day and love and then they do some update and suddenly its all different and nobody seems to give a damn about your concerns. That concern could be "what was wrong with it before, why did you change it. " The software was updated and the existing themes cannot be reused. In order to update the software so the site could be better (and this is mostly about how the site backend performs) then the theme had to be changed.

I want you guys to still enjoy coming to the site; I am totally ready to listen to you and try to answer your questions, fix the bugs you find.

Grantmm - I think the issue you are seeing on the reply area not scrolling is based on the editor the MyBB Software uses. I will investigate more. Can you tell me what sort of phone you have? Is it a Blackberry?
(01-20-2015, 10:17 PM)grantmm Wrote: Newest author missing

That was deliberately done Grantmm - only so much space on a phone as you know, especially if you browse in landscape. I would class that as last poster name removed rather than missing. As a mobile phone user, can you tell me what information you find most critical to see?

0 822
 01-20-2015, 11:29 PM
User Info
The theme feels dated.  Reminds me of an old email "custom" format.  The pastel colors make everything feel washed out.  I would rather see a bit bolder colors, even if I did not like them.

I am happy that things remain the same so far with tapatalk.  I will probably do more browsing there and search for threads here if I want to see an enlarged pic or check out things on a larger screen.

I for one do like the frozen top bar for ease of navigation on the computer.

1 71
 01-20-2015, 11:34 PM
User Info
Not sure of new format. How do you get out of mobile view?

3 218
 01-20-2015, 11:41 PM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
(01-20-2015, 11:29 PM)RunWithScissors Wrote: The theme feels dated.  Reminds me of an old email "custom" format.  The pastel colors make everything feel washed out.  I would rather see a bit bolder colors, even if I did not like them.

I am happy that things remain the same so far with tapatalk.  I will probably do more browsing there and search for threads here if I want to see an enlarged pic or check out things on a larger screen.

There is an alternate theme - shavenook blue - which is - well, pastel blues Biggrin

(01-20-2015, 11:34 PM)Rallypoint_1 Wrote: Not sure of new format. How do you get out of mobile view?

There isn't a mobile view as such Rallypoint. The site is made to resize to the size of the mobile screen.

0 822
 01-20-2015, 11:44 PM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
ShadowsDad - I logged in using a testing account and changed the number of pages per thread and the number of threads per page no issues.

Its not immediately obvious, but you do have to also click the red Update Options button at the bottom of the user control panel for the settings to take effect.

Also, if you are finding the posts super high, try going to the user control panel > General Settings > and UNTICK show posts in classic mode.

0 822
 01-20-2015, 11:46 PM
User Info
(01-20-2015, 11:41 PM)leefish Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 11:29 PM)RunWithScissors Wrote: The theme feels dated.  Reminds me of an old email "custom" format.  The pastel colors make everything feel washed out.  I would rather see a bit bolder colors, even if I did not like them.

There is an alternate theme - shavenook blue - which is - well, pastel blues Biggrin

(01-20-2015, 11:34 PM)Rallypoint_1 Wrote: Not sure of new format.  How do you get out of mobile view?

There isn't a mobile view as such Rallypoint. The site is made to resize to the size of the mobile screen.
Oh I see.  Feels like a mobile view where only some info is shown.  Not a fan sorry.

3 218
 01-20-2015, 11:49 PM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Rallypoint_1 - its ok to not like it. If you could be a bit more specific though about what you think is missing (info not shown) then I can take that into account/add it/explain why it is gone/something.

0 822
 01-21-2015, 12:12 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
In the User Control Panel there are two options that are the same (Receive private messages from other users.)

[Image: U2NMzxo.jpg]

28 1,449
 01-21-2015, 12:13 AM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Good catch Snuff ; I shall go fix that .

0 822
 01-21-2015, 12:16 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Hi, I have tried to change the number of posts and threads per page to the maximum, however, the threads number simply reverts to default before my eyes, even after pressing the red update button, and anyway it appears to make no difference to my view which on the page/screen is large format. This is not an old computer, and there are no bugs as far as I am aware.

0 1,847