01-20-2015, 11:41 PM
User Info
It's still in testing, in fact I used it tonight to test it. Same scent as the splash.

[Image: DSC04192_zps6bcb8026.jpg]

32 6,459
 01-21-2015, 12:24 AM
User Info
Nice! Coooold is good.

69 2,186
 01-21-2015, 06:03 AM
User Info
This is what I've been waiting for. Any idea of a release date?

112 354
 01-21-2015, 07:26 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
Ooooh, I was just thinking about purchasing the Bay Rum but now I want this!

10 963
 01-21-2015, 07:42 AM
  • tti
  • NY,US
User Info
will Leavitt & Peirce have this soap by march when i go to harvard to visit some friends?! I hope so!

19 196
 01-21-2015, 08:47 AM
User Info
It all depends on how the testing goes. I could have some as early as 2 weeks (or sooner) on my site, or it could take a bit longer. Seifenglatt should be selling it around the same time. Certainly it'll be within a month unless we experience TEOTWAWKI. Just check my website, or keep an eye open here. I'll announce it.

Leavitt & Pierce... I can't answer that. Why not give them a call and ask? Since the soap is made for me and I don't wholesale it, Seifenglatt does, all I can tell you is that it will be offered to all the stores that retail my products, as was the bay rum soap. Any retailer can get some at any time and I don't know who orders or when they order. To find out who has it I have to go to websites and look for it.

32 6,459
 01-21-2015, 09:14 AM
User Info
(01-21-2015, 08:47 AM)ShadowsDad Wrote: It all depends on how the testing goes. I could have some as early as 2 weeks (or sooner) on my site, or it could take a bit longer. Seifenglatt should be selling it around the same time. Certainly it'll be within a month unless we experience TEOTWAWKI. Just check my website, or keep an eye open here. I'll announce it.

Thanks Brian. The timing is perfect as I'm out of the Frostbite After Shave.

112 354
 01-21-2015, 09:31 AM
  • sch1989
  • Mesa arizona
User Info
Excited for this. Love the A/S

23 598
 01-23-2015, 06:54 PM
  • JrReyes
  • Cartridge Converter
  • Ft. Worth, TX
User Info
Brian,

How was the menthol level in your opinion?  Are we talking face freezer?  Will there be tears?

19 278
 01-23-2015, 09:25 PM
User Info
very cool cant wait!!

16 660
 01-23-2015, 10:13 PM
User Info
(01-23-2015, 06:54 PM)JrReyes Wrote: Brian,

How was the menthol level in your opinion?  Are we talking face freezer?  Will there be tears?

Understand, the product I tested is a prototype and the final formulation hasn't been decided yet. It's close, but I strongly suspect it'll get tweaked a bit.

What I have in hand is not a tear jerker. It's not a wimp either. The first time I face lathered it I didn't take my time and it didn't really develop the full freeze until the 2nd pass. The 2nd time I used it I took my time developing the lather and trying to get a better handle on the soap and lather. It developed full cold in the lathering. But even then it wasn't so cold as to produce tears. When I applied the Frostbite splash I got the full menthol rush from it. Oh, I also waited a bit before applying the splash to feel my skin after the face dried. The skin feel was really good; but I fully expected that. No dry skin with this soap, or with the bay rum for that matter.

But the cooling feel might change by getting a hair colder as we approach the final formulation. The skin feel will stay the same or get better.

32 6,459
 01-23-2015, 11:19 PM
User Info
Hey! I just got your Bay Rum shaving soap recently. Love it! Hope you make this! I'll be in line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1
 01-24-2015, 02:59 AM
User Info
*grabby hands*

Yes, I want. I didn't know that I needed this, but now I must have  Biggrin

3 4,484
 01-24-2015, 05:14 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
I'm quite curious to try this one, Brian. I love your Frostbite lotion.

26 4,927
 01-25-2015, 09:30 AM
User Info
It will be a bit longer in development. It could take an additional week or 2.

Gents, I don't just want to make "a product" for sales. Anyone can do that, but that isn't me and it never has been. I want to make the very best. It's expensive to do that, but that's what I aspire to. The prototype product wasn't quite right, but with the changes made I'm betting the next test product will be the final one. The performance is right where Jim (Seifenglatt) and I want it, we're just tweaking the scent a bit now. It's good to work with Jim. He has the same high standards that I do. Heck, he even tolerates my tweaks to get it just right.

One only gets one shot at first impressions and it must be correct or it won't be released. Thanks for bearing with me gents.

The packaging has been decided, and it will be as pictured above. It's the same usable tub as on the Acadian Spice Bay Rum, just in a different color scheme. The tub and the color of the Frostbite bottle will not match with the Frostbite products. The bottle is brown for a functional reason and will remain brown. Sorry.

32 6,459
 01-25-2015, 10:08 AM
User Info
Let me be the first to say I love the backdrop you used in the photo!

Phil

7 363
 01-25-2015, 10:15 AM
User Info
Wonderful news Brian. Is it safe to presume that the Frankincense which separates Frostbite from Acadian Spice is also going to be in the soap?

Thanks for the teasers and the updates. Congrats on another project moving forward.

31 8,057
 01-25-2015, 10:23 AM
User Info
(01-25-2015, 09:30 AM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Gents, I don't just want to make "a product" for sales. Anyone can do that, but that isn't me and it never has been.

And that attitude Brian is why I know I can buy your aftershaves and soaps with confidence. It'll be done when it's done and then I'll buy one  Biggrin

3 4,484
 01-25-2015, 10:48 AM
User Info
The frankincense is definitely in there Brian; that was a must. If you like the feel of the skin after using the Acadian Spice soap, wait until you feel your face after using the Frostbite. I knew it would be good, but I didn't know just how good.

My habit is to immediately apply the splash as soon as possible after the shave. It took me some remembering not to do that so as to feel what the soap did. I almost didn't apply the splash at all. Lots of folks may not. I hate to say that and put myself out of business, but it's that good. Of course the splash is the out of control descent on the ice covered bob sled run, or at least that's how I like to think of the menthol hit.

Phil, you must recognize it? I have to wonder what the circulation is now? It's pretty much the background I always use when I want to show just one item at it's best. It's easy to find since it's right there by the obama presidential library chair.

32 6,459
 01-25-2015, 11:17 AM
User Info
(01-25-2015, 10:48 AM)ShadowsDad Wrote: The frankincense is definitely in there Brian; that was a must. If you like the feel of the skin after using the Acadian Spice soap, wait until you feel your face after using the Frostbite. I knew it would be good, but I didn't know just how good.

My habit is to immediately apply the splash as soon as possible after the shave. It took me some remembering not to do that so as to feel what the soap did. I almost didn't apply the splash at all. Lots of folks may not. I hate to say that and put myself out of business, but it's that good. Of course the splash is the out of control descent on the ice covered bob sled run, or at least that's how I like to think of the menthol hit.

Phil, you must recognize it? I have to wonder what the circulation is now? It's pretty much the background I always use when I want to show just one item at it's best. It's easy to find since it's right there by the obama presidential library chair.

Brian,
No. Just liked the parts listed.

7 363