06-03-2012, 08:42 PM
  • uncledave
  • Returned to DE Shaving After 40 years
  • Kentucky, USA
User Info
Tonight my nephew came for a visit and I gave him my beginner shave kit. Weishi 9306 razor, van der Hagen bowl, soap, and brush. We went into the bathroom and I showed him how to make the lather and use the razor. He was apprehensive because he hates shaving. He has a goatee and mustache but everywhere else he uses CLIPPERS since cartridge razors tear his face up. So he perpetually looks like he hasn't shaved in about a week or so.

I took him through a three pass shave with a few touch ups. Results were not bad. I was so concerned that he not get razor burn and thus be discouraged that I didn't have him try for a real close shave right off the bat. He had one small spot, I think it was a preexisting bump, on his neck that burned a bit but that was all. No nicks, no burn, no irritation and a decent shave. He said he really liked it. This is a guy who has been shaving 3 times a year. I think he will shave more often now if he will just keep it up and practice. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm trying to get him to join the forum as well.

I have no children but at least I got to teach my 33 year old nephew how to shave the old fashioned way. Biggrin

0 396
 06-03-2012, 08:53 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I enjoy converting others to DE shaving as well.

45 3,955
 06-03-2012, 09:12 PM
User Info
Good going, Dave.

21 1,478
 06-03-2012, 09:13 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Awesome, Uncle Dave!

very cool to be able to pass on our experiences to loved ones Thumbup

9 1,684
 06-03-2012, 09:33 PM
User Info
Good story. I liked it.

If I'm going to convert anyone other than friends it has to be my nephews as well. I suppose there's always hope. Right now they know more than the entire Encyclopedia Brittanica and at this point there's absolutely no hope at this time. But maybe they'll realize eventually that they really are just men and know no more than anyone else before them, and actually might be low scorers with huge egos.

Maybe I'll live that long. If not I'll make sure to have my widow tell the forum where the estate sale will be held.

32 6,311
 06-03-2012, 09:36 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
(06-03-2012, 09:33 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: *snip*
Maybe I'll live that long. If not I'll make sure to have my widow tell the forum where the estate sale will be held.

doh! Shok

9 1,684
 06-03-2012, 09:51 PM
User Info
(06-03-2012, 09:36 PM)gijames Wrote:

doh! Shok

Nothing planned James, or even forseen, but one never knows. At this point anything the FATHER gives me is all gravy. I plan to have a few more years anyway, but I'm not in charge. Heck, I never thought I'd ever get to this age!

32 6,311
 06-03-2012, 09:51 PM
  • uncledave
  • Returned to DE Shaving After 40 years
  • Kentucky, USA
User Info
(06-03-2012, 09:33 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Good story. I liked it.

If I'm going to convert anyone other than friends it has to be my nephews as well. I suppose there's always hope. Right now they know more than the entire Encyclopedia Brittanica and at this point there's absolutely no hope at this time. But maybe they'll realize eventually that they really are just men and know no more than anyone else before them, and actually might be low scorers with huge egos.

HAH HAH HAH HAH!!!! Great post!

I have another nephew who is exactly like your nephews. I tried last week with him but I was surprised at how much more he knew that I did. Wink I won't try again. As Minnie Pearl's brother said after picking up a red hot horseshoe off an anvil and immediately dropping it: "It don't take me long to look at a horseshoe." Wink

(06-03-2012, 09:51 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote:
(06-03-2012, 09:36 PM)gijames Wrote:

doh! Shok

Nothing planned James, or even forseen, but one never knows. At this point anything the FATHER gives me is all gravy. I plan to have a few more years anyway, but I'm not in charge. Heck, I never thought I'd ever get to this age!

Brian, that's exactly how I feel. I have high school classmates who have been in the ground for over 40 years. Their lives didn't even get started good. What I have is gravy. I've used those exact same words for a long time.

0 396