01-21-2015, 01:30 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Since starting DE shaving, I've successfully converted 2 friends into the fold. It was an easy transition for them as I gave each one a razor. Tonight I begin the push with friend #3 (my only problem is that I'm out of razors to give away). He'll be my captive audience on a train ride for about 20 minutes, so I'll have his undivided attention... wish me luck!

7 2,380
 01-21-2015, 06:37 PM
User Info
Good luck! I don't know how you do it. My friends, family and coworkers think I'm crazy for using a DE.

0 1,099
 01-21-2015, 06:42 PM
  • Jovan
  • Banned
  • Traveling USA
User Info
Best of luck.

2 479
 01-21-2015, 07:35 PM
User Info
(01-21-2015, 01:30 PM)chazt Wrote: Since starting DE shaving, I've successfully converted 2 friends into the fold. It was an easy transition for them as I gave each one a razor. Tonight I begin the push with friend #3 (my only problem is that I'm out of razors to give away). He'll be my captive audience on a train ride for about 20 minutes, so I'll have his undivided attention... wish me luck!

Good luck, Charlie!  Thumbup

83 21,115
 01-21-2015, 07:47 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Daggnabit! I haven't seen him in three months... He grew a winter beard.

I won't give up though because he's bound to shave it come springtime. My persistence will pay off. Count on it!

7 2,380
 01-21-2015, 11:44 PM
User Info
I've converted a few myself. It's proven rather easy as IMMEDIATELY after they get their first DE shave they're hooked and see the light. It's really that eye-opening. The only challenge is getting people to try it sometimes.

My best friend was the biggest challenge. He had his own shaving method that he came up with that he was convinced nothing could beat. It actually was kind of silly - He would buy Harry's razors and use KY jelly rather than a shave gel or cream and shave in the shower. When I told him I would hook him up with all he needed, he initially didn't respond. Then after almost 2 years of trying to convince him, I told him to humor me and let me show him some of the gear. I had him wet his hand, I soaked a Shavemac D-01 3 Band, and I was about to start building a lather on his palm when he said "that thing looks scratchy" as the hairs were wet and clumped. I sort of laughed on the inside and told him it's actually very soft. Then I started to build lather on his hand for him and his eyes lit up and he said "Holy crap, that is SOOO soft! You weren't lying!" Then I let him keep the D-01, the soap, and gave him a DE89 head attached to a Bulldog handle. He how shower shaves with that setup and hasn't looked back. He's been trying to convert his dad as of late who stubbornly also believes that there's no way the old stuff could be better than the new.

I think the issue is that many believe that old school wet shaving is just a fad for fun and isn't actually a better way to shave when it REALLY is!

3 96
 01-22-2015, 01:46 AM
User Info
All the best...

0 27
 01-22-2015, 08:03 AM
User Info
Hope to be able to do this one day myself.

1 1,975
 01-22-2015, 11:19 AM
User Info
I converted 1 co-worker directly and another female co-worker that overheard came to me later looking for stuff to convert her 2 brothers and a Nephew (which she did successfully)!

I also converted 2 of my girlfriends brothers but neither of my own brothers are interested, go figure!

0 33