01-22-2015, 12:21 AM
User Info
Just hit 45 posts and I've been here long enough so I decided to share some of what I haven't been using lately with you all:

Simpson's Chubby 1 Super, Savile Row 3326, Vie-Long Lord Randal Silvertip Faux Horn, Wiborg White Flagon 26mm Bulb, Shavemac 386-040 Silvertip 2 Band.

[Image: IMG_0418_zps8ca3ee4b.jpg]

First, I want to apologize in advance for one minor inconvenience. I work 3 12-14 hour shifts per week with 2 hours of commute time each day that completely cover my ability to make it to the post office. I will be unable to ship on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (although Sundays I wouldn't be able to ship anyway, so I guess that just makes Friday and Saturday worth noting). I can ship items today (Thursday) or on other weekdays with no problems, however. I did want to make this known ahead of time, however, and I will ship as fast as I possibly can after receiving payment.

Now for the prices, and I would like to state that I only accept PayPal and prefer to ship within the US.

Simpson's Chubby 1 Super, like new/barely used: $125 shipped in the US *PRICE DROPPED* WITHDRAWN, will keep this one for now.
Savile Row 3326 Finest Silvertip, like new/barely used: $120 shipped in the US SOLD
Vie-Long Lord Randal Silvertip, like new/barely used/defunked: $100 shipped in the US SOLD
Wiborg White Badger Flagon Bulb, like new/barely used: $150 shipped in the US SOLD
Shavemac 386-040 2 Band, like new/barely used: $115 shipped in the US SOLD

3 96
 01-22-2015, 05:02 AM
User Info
Sizes?

66 693
 01-22-2015, 05:57 AM
  • srgjazz
  • Santa Monica
User Info
(01-22-2015, 12:21 AM)IMightBeWrong Wrote: Just hit 45 posts and I've been here long enough so I decided to share some of what I haven't been using lately with you all:

Simpson's Chubby 1 Super, Savile Row 3326, Vie-Long Lord Randal Silvertip Faux Horn, Wiborg White Flagon 26mm Bulb, Shavemac 386-040 Silvertip 2 Band.

[Image: IMG_0418_zps8ca3ee4b.jpg]

First, I want to apologize in advance for one minor inconvenience. I work 3 12-14 hour shifts per week with 2 hours of commute time each day that completely cover my ability to make it to the post office. I will be unable to ship on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (although Sundays I wouldn't be able to ship anyway, so I guess that just makes Friday and Saturday worth noting). I can ship items today (Thursday) or on other weekdays with no problems, however. I did want to make this known ahead of time, however, and I will ship as fast as I possibly can after receiving payment.

Now for the prices, and I would like to state that I only accept PayPal and prefer to ship within the US.

Simpson's Chubby 1 Super, like new/barely used: $150 shipped in the US
Savile Row 3326 Finest Silvertip, like new/barely used: $120 shipped in the US
Vie-Long Lord Randal Silvertip, like new/barely used/defunked: $100 shipped in the US
Wiborg White Badger Flagon Bulb, like new/barely used: $150 shipped in the US
Shavemac 386-040 2 Band, like new/barely used: $150 shipped in the US

I have had my eye on a SR. Curious why you are selling?

48 684
 01-22-2015, 02:45 PM
User Info
srgjazz,

SR is now sold, but my reasoning for selling the SR (or any of these brushes for that matter, they're all wonderful) really just comes down to having to thin the herd to satisfy my wife and pay off some of my credit card debt. The only reason the SR didn't stay in the den compared to the only 2 brushes that are staying is that it's a little too long a loft for my personal taste.

3 96
 01-22-2015, 02:50 PM
User Info
(01-22-2015, 05:02 AM)vocalistbob Wrote: Sizes?

All being factory brushes, non-custom, these are the sizes from the vendors/manufacturers:

Chubby 1: 23mm knot, 47mm loft
SR 3326: 26mm knot, 60mm loft
Lord Randal: 24mm knot, 52mm loft
Wiborg: 26mm knot, 50mm loft
Shavemac 2 Band: 24mm knot, 50mm loft

3 96
 01-22-2015, 04:15 PM
  • srgjazz
  • Santa Monica
User Info
Congrats on the sale. 

48 684
 01-22-2015, 05:10 PM
  • okok
  • Still smiling
  • Indianapolis
User Info
I believe this is a great group of brushes for sales here.  The one that I have personal experience with, the Vie-Long Lord Randal, is my very favorite brush that I own. It took a while for me to get tuned in to it, which I suspect is true of almost all brushes, but now I have to force myself not to use it to the exclusion of my other brushes - it's that nice.  I usually bowl-lather with soaps with it, but I can use it for anything, and I have face-lathered with it with creams.  Super comfortable.

This photo doesn't do the Vie-Long justice.  This is a lovely, dark green swirl handle, with a nice, solid feel to it.

If you don't have a really luxurious silver-tip, you should consider this one - it gets you into a high-end brush for not a high-end price.  I'll never let go of mine.

29 333
 01-22-2015, 05:26 PM
  • okok
  • Still smiling
  • Indianapolis
User Info
(01-22-2015, 05:10 PM)okok Wrote: I believe this is a great group of brushes for sale here.  The one that I have personal experience with, the Vie-Long Lord Randal, is my very favorite brush that I own. It took a while for me to get tuned in to it, which I suspect is true of almost all brushes, but now I have to force myself not to use it to the exclusion of my other brushes - it's that nice.  I usually bowl-lather with soaps with it, but I can use it for anything, and I have face-lathered with it with creams.  Super comfortable.

This photo doesn't do the Vie-Long justice.  This is a lovely, dark green swirl handle, with a nice, solid feel to it.

If you don't have a really luxurious silver-tip, you should consider this one - it gets you into a high-end brush for not a high-end price.  I'll never let go of mine.

29 333
 01-22-2015, 05:32 PM
User Info
(01-22-2015, 05:26 PM)okok Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 05:10 PM)okok Wrote: I believe this is a great group of brushes for sale here.  The one that I have personal experience with, the Vie-Long Lord Randal, is my very favorite brush that I own. It took a while for me to get tuned in to it, which I suspect is true of almost all brushes, but now I have to force myself not to use it to the exclusion of my other brushes - it's that nice.  I usually bowl-lather with soaps with it, but I can use it for anything, and I have face-lathered with it with creams.  Super comfortable.

Is this the newer Lord Randal, in the Faux Horn??

JAY

49 417
 01-22-2015, 05:54 PM
User Info
Wiborg is a good brush !! White badger is recommended

61 3,072
 01-22-2015, 08:23 PM
User Info
(01-22-2015, 05:32 PM)akbkr23 Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 05:26 PM)okok Wrote:

Is this the newer Lord Randal, in the Faux Horn??

JAY

This one is the Faux Horn that I have listed. It's really gorgeous, too. It has really soft tips that feel like velvet on the skin, similar to Simpson's Manchurian except even softer if that makes any sense. It's really nice. I love the handle. As noted, I don't dislike any of these. I just don't care to own a huge collection like some do. I'd like to eventually narrow down to only one really wonderful badger. Then my wife stays happy, I don't feel like I've gone off the deep end, and my pocket book can thank me. Smile

3 96
 01-22-2015, 08:34 PM
  • okok
  • Still smiling
  • Indianapolis
User Info
Oh sorry, I thought it was the green swirl handle.  Just a super knot in mine!

29 333
 01-22-2015, 08:37 PM
User Info
I actually had the green handle in a horse knot and it was really nice, but I like the Faux Horn look a little more. It's a really nicely done Faux Horn. 

3 96
 01-28-2015, 07:28 AM
User Info
Nearly all gone! The Chubby 1 Super is all that's left and is now price dropped to hopefully sell quickly.

3 96