01-22-2015, 03:11 AM
  • joedy
  • Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
User Info
When attempting to search withing a single sub-section, results from all sections are displayed.

It does not matter if searching by thread or subject contact; all forums are returned in the results.

-joedy

12 87
 01-22-2015, 03:17 AM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Joedy - is this from the search page or the search thread function?

I just tested searching for keyword brush, in General Shaving Discussion and it only returned results from that section, despite there being threads about brushes in Personal Grooming.

0 822
 01-22-2015, 05:25 AM
  • joedy
User Info
Lee,

Use the search function and search for a razor or brush model in the BST Archive thread. I get results from various forums when selecting only the one sub-forum. 

-joedy 

12 87
 01-22-2015, 06:18 AM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
ok, so to be sure we are both doing the same thing.

I go to the BST archive thread. At the bottom it says "enter keywords: Search thread". I enter elite as my keyword and press search and I get only results in the BST Archive.

in case that isnt it

I go to search, I enter keyword elite, I select the BST archive thread and show results as threads (it wont show posts???) and press search and I get only results in the BST Archive. 

Maybe I am confused. I don't know many razors to try more names. Maybe a moderator or admin can help.

0 822
 01-22-2015, 02:05 PM
  • joedy
User Info
Lee,

Your second option....

Go to SEARCH on the top banner bar.

Enter "Duke" with the titles only option and select the B/S/T Archive sub-forum.

It will return results in the Brushes and Brush Reviews sub-forums in addition to the B/S/T Archive sub-forum.

The results are not being filtered according to the sub-forum filter selection.

-joedy

12 87
 01-22-2015, 02:21 PM
User Info
i see the same thing i tried just searching say the swap and shop area but the results were from the regular brush forum not the area selected.

16 660
 01-22-2015, 08:51 PM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
I still can't reproduce this - I have asked another staff member to step in and check out the issue.

0 822
 01-22-2015, 08:59 PM
User Info
I'm unable to reproduce this as well.

I've searched in 5 different forum sections and all of the results were restricted to the specific section I asked the search feature to look in.

40 5,830