01-22-2015, 11:25 AM
User Info
Hey Guys,

I had a great shave with a new to me blade: Wilkinson Sword (Made in India). The Wilkinson Sword Classic (Made in Germany) has been my favourite blade to date, followed by the Shark Super Chrome (old version; white paper with blue writing not red paper with yellow wring or vice versa), Shark Super Steel, Astra Super Steel (Astra Blues) and finally Personna Blues.

I was at a local dollar store looking for a dish with a lid to put a soap sample in and came across a flat pack of Wilkinson Sword (Made in India). I bought a tuck (5 blades) for $1.00 to see how they'd fair. Today I had my first shave with them; I normally shave every third day as shaving the next day is a little painful and there isn't that much growth. It's rough to the touch, but not really visible as I have darker skin.

I decided to give them a try, just to see how bad they were (my own prejudice here, I had heard that they weren't as good as the German ones). First remark is that the paper wrapper surrounding each blade is quite thick; it's a really waxy quality paper. The blade itself is surprisingly thin. I don't have a caliper sensitive enough to actually measure, but it sure feels thinner than the Astra Super Steel it replaced.

My soap was Haslinger Schamifch (however you spell it) and the razor is a British Rocket HD. I must say I had a great shave, the blade was as soft as butter, I only had to really do two passes and a little bit of touch up and my face is truly BBS even the tough spots that I usually only get BBS when I go over and over and end up nicking myself. The alum rubdown after the shave was virtually painless, and this is my second day of shaving! Remarkable!

I'm really impressed with this blade so far and can't wait to see how many shaves it can give me.

22 653
 02-11-2015, 06:40 PM
User Info
I want to try the WS blades as well.   I hear good things about them...  love to hear how many shaves you get from it.

3 117
 02-12-2015, 07:14 AM
  • slr31
  • Garden City, India
User Info
Congratulations. Smile This seems like a great find for you. I have some of these and now want to try them

81 557