01-24-2015, 10:37 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
In all fora the first pages have the new format with thick blue lettering of titles and the like.  However, in some fora, the second pages [and further] have a less stylized thin, black lettering, while in other fora the pages continue in the new blue style.  Is this intended or is it an error?  If intended, can you describe the purpose of treating one forum different from another?

1 796
 01-24-2015, 11:13 AM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
The thick blue - is a bolded and different color for the posts that you have not read yet. Requested by members....

So, as the forums are ordered by last post date, then on the later pages you have probably either read all those threads or you marked the forum as read and so the post titles are not bold or blue but the default styling of thin black lettering.

0 822
 01-24-2015, 01:10 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • NYC
User Info
Well I'll be a blue-nosed, I mean unread-nosed, gopher!  Thanks for the info.

1 796
 01-25-2015, 05:56 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • NYC
User Info
(01-24-2015, 11:13 AM)leefish Wrote: The thick blue - is a bolded and different color for the posts that you have not read yet. Requested by members....

So, as the forums are ordered by last post date, then on the later pages you have probably either read all those threads or you marked the forum as read and so the post titles are not bold or blue but the default styling of thin black lettering.

Perhaps my problem is that I have marked fora as read without knowing it.  However, I looked at a forum that I never go into and all of the posts are in thin black print, not thick blue as I would have expected in a forum in which I never visit.  Since I haven't read them I assume I marked these fora as read w/o awareness of doing so.  But how would I accomplish this w/o ever visiting it?

Of course I defer to your expertise, but something seems odd to me.

1 796
 01-25-2015, 08:17 PM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Which forum is that Ted ?  I think - and I am not 100% sure on this - that the software holds the "unread posts" variable for a fixed amount of time. Its one of those things we use cookies for and after that time is up it either marks them all read or not read. I am not sure which one it does.

However, there is a whole set of forums that are totally differently styled, and that is the review forums.

It is actually possible to have marked a forum as read without ever visiting it in two ways; by hitting the mark all as read button on the index/user panel dropdown or clicking the individual mark as read per forum on the front page. That functionality was in the old software too and that sort of data should have carried over.

0 822
 01-26-2015, 10:19 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • NYC
User Info
Once we start talking about cookies and such, I think it is time for me to let it rest.  After all, no one else seems to have noticed, or cared much, so I shall thank you for your time and disappear into the background.

Thanks again.

1 796
 01-26-2015, 10:23 AM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Thanks for reporting it Ted; if you DO find out which forum it was then I will certainly look into it. I like things to be right Smile

0 822