01-25-2015, 08:57 AM
User Info
Just read this over on SRP, but it's being reported that Palmolive shaving products are being discontinued in the UK, other than their shaving gel.
Looks as if we can say goodbye to the excellent shaving stick.

32 5,292
 01-25-2015, 10:53 AM
  • jamesrobson5
  • Chubby Chaser... Big Brush is Best!
  • Sherwood Park AB Canada!
User Info
To bad, another classic going away.  

29 1,627
 01-25-2015, 11:43 AM
User Info
Own both creams, nice cheapies, but will not cry if they discontinue them both to be honest.

But always sad to see good products go......

24 6,018
 01-27-2015, 10:48 AM
User Info
Quote: Here the English-Answer from another member of our German forum:

Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent inquiry about Palmolive Classic Shaving Stick. We appreciate your interest in our Company and are pleased to have the opportunity to respond.

We regret to inform you that the product you are interested in is not currently being manufactured. In response to decreased consumer demand, we sometimes have to stop manufacturing a product. Unfortunately, we do not have any remaining stock to offer you directly. Although we cannot accommodate you at this time, we realise the importance of hearing from consumers, such as you, in order to remain aware of your continued interest. We will be sure to share your comments with our Business Development Group.

We would like to inform you that the whole range of Palmolive Shaving products has been discountinued in UK except from Palmolive Shaving Sensitive Gel. However you should be able to find Palmolive Shaving products as well the Stick in value stores like Pound Land, Savers etc.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in our Company and its products.

Yours sincerely

Heni Buhac
Consumer Services Representative

...and here the German answer:

Sehr geehrter xxx,

vielen Dank, dass Sie sich direkt an uns wenden. Wir sind Ihnen gerne behilflich.

Es gibt momentan keine Pläne unsererseits, die Produktion der von Ihnen genannten Rasierprodukte einzustellen.

In Grossbritannien werden diese jedoch aufgrund geringer Nachfrage nicht mehr hergestellt.

Wir danken Ihnen für Ihr Interesse an unserem Unternehmen und an unseren Produkten. Schön, dass Sie Zeit hatten uns zu schreiben. Fragen und Anregungen unserer Kunden sind uns stets willkommen.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen
xxx

0 273
 01-27-2015, 10:57 AM
User Info
What a shame.

Goes to show you, however much we think Wet Shaving is on the rise and taking over, it's money driven and we'll likely see more of this from big names.

8 2,718
 01-27-2015, 11:00 AM
User Info
As far as what i read, it will only be discontinued in the UK because of the very low sales. Or am i wrong?! Undecided

0 273
 01-27-2015, 11:32 AM
User Info
Very unfortunate indeed it it's true!

0 33
 01-27-2015, 11:32 AM
User Info
May need to check with Gary over at the shoebox on this.  some of the products he used to list are gone as well.  like Olimon and Don.   but i will still order my stuff from him because he is awesome!!  

0 189
 01-27-2015, 11:44 AM
User Info
 Sad to hear. I've been waiting to place another Palmolive order but this thread just gave me reason to pull the trigger on it. It's wasn't easy to find a good deal on "the bay" with free shipping. I can usually find deals all day long on Palmolive there. 

6 589
 01-27-2015, 11:51 AM
User Info
(01-27-2015, 11:00 AM)ChiefShaver Wrote: As far as what i read, it will only be discontinued in the UK because of the very low sales. Or am i wrong?! Undecided

I didn't think there was a US stick or maybe it's just so bad, no one talks about it.  

8 2,718
 01-27-2015, 11:57 AM
User Info
(01-27-2015, 11:51 AM)Bruce Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 11:00 AM)ChiefShaver Wrote: As far as what i read, it will only be discontinued in the UK because of the very low sales. Or am i wrong?! Undecided

I didn't think there was a US stick or maybe it's just so bad, no one talks about it.  

I believe Palmolive shave creams are also made in Italy which is not part of the UK. Im not sure if that includes the stick vetsion though.

6 589
 01-27-2015, 12:49 PM
User Info
As I understand it, this only applies to the UK due to low sales. The stick is made in Germany and will continue to be available there.

32 5,292
 01-27-2015, 12:59 PM
User Info
(01-27-2015, 11:57 AM)captain caveman Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 11:51 AM)Bruce Wrote:

I believe Palmolive shave creams are also made in Italy which is not part of the UK. Im not sure if that includes the stick vetsion though.

The creams are made in the Liege factory & the sticks are made in Germany.

1 168
 01-27-2015, 01:00 PM
User Info
Now I'm really confused.  So are they still going to be made available to US customers in the same tallow formula?

8 2,718
 01-27-2015, 01:06 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I hope that is not the case.  Palmolive sticks are one of my go-to traveling companions   Sad

34 1,627
 01-27-2015, 01:23 PM
User Info
The UK distribution of the Classic range has always been unique. The sole distribution agent for the UK does not carry this range & never has done. So anyone who stocks these items must get shipments direct from a European warehouse or factory.

Normally these are available in supermarkets (although not all) & chemist/pharmacy stores. Also these are normally available through a couple of wholesale companies, however they are very difficult to deal with & stock is hard to secure on a regular basis.

I would not be surprised if this email is wrong, as I said above the Classic range is not currently part of Colgate UK's range, & probably has not been for some time.

1 168
 01-27-2015, 02:57 PM
  • Jack
  • Old School
  • Long Island
User Info
From SMF

Update:

Colgate-Palmolive Germany was pretty quick with their response:

In essence it reads:
Quote:...many thanks that you contacted us directly regarding the Classic shaving cream and Classic shaving soap. We are pleased to be of assistance.

There are currently no plans to terminate production of the shaving products that you mentioned.

We thank you for your interest in our company and products. We are delighted that you found the time to write to us. Questions and suggestions by our customers are always appreciated.

With kind regards,

Steve Spranck
Customer Service"

Verbatim:

Quote:Vielen Dank, dass Sie sich wegen Palmolive Rasiercreme Classic und Rasierseife Classic direkt an uns wenden. Wir sind Ihnen gerne behilflich.

Es gibt momentan keine Pläne unsererseits, die Produktion der von Ihnen genannten Rasierprodukte einzustellen.

Wir danken Ihnen für Ihr Interesse an unserem Unternehmen und an unseren Produkten. Schön, dass Sie Zeit hatten uns zu schreiben. Fragen und Anregungen unserer Kunden sind uns stets willkommen.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Steve Spranck
Verbraucher-Service und Beratung"

So; similarly to what I had expected, German shoppers will still be able to purchase Palmolive shaving cream and soap (stick) and both products are only discontinued in certain markets.

The offer mentioned in my other thread of today still stands... [Image: icon_biggrin.gif] 

B.

0 170
 01-28-2015, 03:37 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
So at least Palmolive is still available somewhere.

3 2,638
 01-31-2015, 11:05 AM
User Info
Gary over  at the shoebox has the shave sticks.  that there is real good stuff.  i need to get some more actually. after i use up more stuff. my shaving stuff is taking over the linen closet!!  the ol'lady ain't mad about it.....but not happy about either!!  Wink

0 189
 01-31-2015, 12:29 PM
User Info
Palmolive products are made worldwide under license. Although these are tube creams, the classic is just like the stick, in color and scent.

[Image: creams-2.jpg]

1 125