01-25-2015, 10:25 AM
User Info
Hello All,

I am trying to figure out how aggressive the ATT M1 vs the fatboy or slim adjustable. maybe the question should be which setting compares to the M1? 
feel that the blade exposure is higher in the slim adjustable than the fatboy. feedback if you have used these razors would be appreciated. thank yoy

22 187
 01-26-2015, 11:16 AM
User Info
I found the ATT M1 to be very similar to the Weber PH which might translate to setting 6-8 on a Fatboy or Slim. However, YMMV.
You'll really have to try one to determine this for yourself as this is very subjective! Good luck.

83 21,081
 01-26-2015, 05:40 PM
User Info
(01-26-2015, 11:16 AM)celestino Wrote: I found the ATT M1 to be very similar to the Weber PH which might translate to setting 6-8 no a Fatboy or Slim. However, YMMV.
You'll really have to try one to determine this for yourself as this is very subjective! Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback my friend. For some reason I find the slim too harsh on my skin even on the Low settings!

22 187
 01-26-2015, 06:06 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
(01-26-2015, 05:40 PM)bebo8 Wrote:
(01-26-2015, 11:16 AM)celestino Wrote: I found the ATT M1 to be very similar to the Weber PH which might translate to setting 6-8 no a Fatboy or Slim. However, YMMV.

Thanks for the feedback my friend. For some reason I find the slim too harsh on my skin even on the Low settings!

I also did not get along as well with the Slim...However the Fatboy has always been one of my favorite razors  Biggrin

I agree with Celestino in that the M1 probably equals about a 7 or 8 on the Fatboy.  

34 1,628
 01-26-2015, 07:40 PM
User Info
wowww... that's scary!
well, i just used the fatboy started on 1.. went very smooth so i upgraded to 3 and found it a bit rough but still overall smoother than slim!
i wanna test it again with MDC, which is my standard for judging razors and blades. today i used a sample of GFT sandalwood nice lather but it ain't MDC. thanks for your feedback gentlemen. definitely helps. 
i wish if anyone has an M1 to post a pic of the blade exposure

i don't think i can handle a 7-8 on the fatboy. i had it set on 3 and i was screaming, i know i know i have a very sensitive skin. amazingly, i get smoother shaves from the cobra. also gillette blue tip, but that's not a surprise!

22 187