01-25-2015, 10:46 AM
User Info
Can someone inform me of there is any difference in the brushes that were originally offered by Loccitaine for around 60 dollars and the ones they offer now for around 30 dollars?.  Wanting to try a Plisson but contemplating getting one from them or just ordering and acetate handle direct from Plisson.

16 1,014
 01-25-2015, 10:57 AM
User Info
Same brushes Wink

14 250
 01-25-2015, 11:33 AM
User Info
they were more of a fan knot shame, the change to bulb shape was before they reduced the price. Otherwise no difference, at least so I am told Smile

21 1,175
 02-05-2015, 02:59 PM
User Info
Can someone tell me a little more about the pillson brushes I am seeing them mentioned a lot recently on several shave forums

5 116
 02-06-2015, 06:02 AM
User Info
(02-05-2015, 02:59 PM)ceferguson Wrote: Can someone tell me a little more about the pillson brushes I am seeing them mentioned a lot recently on several shave forums

If you have sensitive skin and enjoy a super cloud like soft brush, it's awesome.

If you're a Facelather and enjoy backbone, feel of the brush & dislike floppy mops it simply sucks MAJOR !

24 6,020
 02-06-2015, 07:45 AM
User Info
So how do you really feel Claus !? Biggrin  I happen to agree with you in part, if not to the same depth of feeling.

One of the really nice things about todays synthetics in general is the incredible softness at the tips, yet the fantastic backbone, but not everyone can wrap their head around that combination. Near as I can figure those folks expect a brush to be a badger, and feel and perform like badger, and when it isn't they have a difficult time. The manufacturers make this worse IMO because they try to make synthetics appear badger-like.

The Plisson is soft and is lacking the backbone that Clause and I have come to expect. It is by far the most different synthetic in my cabinet. Others have described it as being the most badger like and that's a fair description of it. I like variety and while the Plisson will probably never be a favorite brush of mine it will remain in the cabinet.

The reason you see them mentioned could be because it is such a departure from what is expected. It's not a bad brush, it's just different and would be (and is) considered excellent by some folks. When I first obtained mine my reaction was, "You've got to be kidding me!". But after using it I've at least accepted it.

32 6,471
 02-06-2015, 08:04 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
I used the Plisson once and hated it. I put it in the drawer and forgot it. A few weeks ago I gave it to my wife. She used it as a make-up brush and loves it. She has make up brushes that cost three times the cost of the Plisson. She says,"The Plisson is a far better make up brush than any other brushes she owns." I should have waited to Valentines day to give her the brush. I am still looking for a V day gift.  Biggrin

70 1,098
 02-06-2015, 02:55 PM
User Info
(02-06-2015, 08:04 AM)Barrylu Wrote: I used the Plisson once and hated it. I put it in the drawer and forgot it. A few weeks ago I gave it to my wife. She used it as a make-up brush and loves it. She has make up brushes that cost three times the cost of the Plisson. She says,"The Plisson is a far better make up brush than any other brushes she owns." I should have waited to Valentines day to give her the brush. I am still looking for a V day gift.  Biggrin

How about surprising her with another Plisson with a custom handle from an artisan, which fits her hand perfectly and the handle has her favorite color?

79 373
 02-06-2015, 03:06 PM
User Info
(02-06-2015, 02:55 PM)Silence! Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 08:04 AM)Barrylu Wrote: I used the Plisson once and hated it. I put it in the drawer and forgot it. A few weeks ago I gave it to my wife. She used it as a make-up brush and loves it. She has make up brushes that cost three times the cost of the Plisson. She says,"The Plisson is a far better make up brush than any other brushes she owns." I should have waited to Valentines day to give her the brush. I am still looking for a V day gift.  Biggrin

How about surprising her with another Plisson with a custom handle from an artisan, which fits her hand perfectly and the handle has her favorite color?
This is a pretty good idea.

1 1,975
 02-06-2015, 04:33 PM
User Info
(02-06-2015, 02:55 PM)Silence! Wrote:

Thumbup

83 21,115