01-25-2015, 04:50 PM
User Info
Does anyone out there use this stuff? I used it back in the 80's when I lived in Boston, Massachusetts but haven't touched the stuff since. Any users out there want to chime in on this?

1 44
 01-26-2015, 07:54 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Up the coast is the kitsch town of Solvang, a Danish community. The drive is visually appealing but a bit exhausting with the VERY expensive horse country of Santa Ynez ( Local of Michael Jackson's old Neverland ranch) and Anderson's Pea soup restaurant signs as markers of progress. Then you arrive to a windmill and endless shops of food with the fattening butter cookies as flagship item and Danish products. You smell Royal Copenhagen on every resident male all day. All things come to a Ragnarok and you leave with a huge tub of butter cookies, the smell of Royal Copenhagen and a solemn vow NEVER to return. Then some horsey girl you lust for wants to drive up to Santa Ynez and price horse properties; thinking a guy on the G.I. bill has a stable income greater than the guys flipping hamburgers. She LOVES the smell of RC and you abandon all passions of the flesh.
It's actually  nice stuff 24

2 3,171
 01-26-2015, 07:57 AM
User Info
I am looking at mine right now just to the left of the computer.  one of the first I tried when I got into wet shaving.  I still use it a lot.  1/2 of bottle gone in 6 months.    certainly hope kav didn't eat too much pea soup since it is all you can eat. yum

73 1,262
 01-26-2015, 08:08 AM
User Info
Never heard of it. How would you gents describe the scent?

147 3,462
 01-26-2015, 08:41 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
O.K. all berserker angst aside this is an OUTSTANDING scent. It is very complex and long lasting. There are three house blends; the oldest RC, a musk and something called Viking. RC opens with a very sharp lime/lavender smell dries down to a rose/vetiver and finishes with a vanilla/tobacco.
I've seen several other scents listed but those are my recollection. It's not 'flowery' at all and I've never heard a negative reaction based on scent.
It's a real alcohol stinger at first.
I am not a fan of anything MUSK. To me this is a carnivore's reply to  vegan Patchoulli.
I'd buy it if Bullgoose carried it, but I will never repeat the annual pilgrimage to Solvang.

2 3,171
 01-26-2015, 09:03 AM
User Info
Thank you sir! I may look into acquiring some. What color should the splash be? I saw some reviews where people thought they bought one thing (light blue color) but received another(darker blue color) and it did not smell the same as what they were used to.

147 3,462
 01-26-2015, 09:16 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
There are both AS and Cologne versions of all three scents. They all share the same bottlecap and blue colour ( think Floids) 
The original RC has a lion logo while MUSK very romantically says-MUSK.
If you buy online doublecheck what is shown and maybe post a reminder to the vendor.

2 3,171
 01-26-2015, 12:21 PM
User Info
I have the  musk although my wife cant smell the musk at all.  color is blue and slightly darker than floid blue.  bought it on amazon at the start of my fragrance journey.  bettin you will like it.

73 1,262