01-26-2015, 05:38 AM
User Info
Good Morning all!
  I had a great fantastic shave this am and I wanted to detail how I did it. I am hoping this helps everyone from the newbies to the veterans ...as it were.
1. read everything you can on The Nook.  there is a tip i found here { I can't remember who posted it.... sorry!}  that nearly revolutionizes The Shave!  Here We Go because i know the anticipation is killin' ya!  heeheehee!

A. Take a Good Hot Shower. Hey, ya need to be clean anyway.....  Make sure you get your brush soaking and { here it is..}  and soak yer soap/croap!
B. DO NOT DRY YOUR FACE,JACK!!--{ yes. it is a Uncle Si Reference.}
C. ok, here is where it gets gooood.  for my preshave---ALOE VERA GEL.-  a good thin layer works wonders!
D. Lather up . be patient. let it sit for 50-60 seconds. shave as usual.
E. between passes rinse with water. i just use the hot water in the sink. it may sound gross{ it do.} but, it will have some product in it. but mainly we are looking for the heat and rehydration of the face here.
F. Repeat D and E until shave is done.
G. Lather up one more time. do not put blade to face. this is to protect the face right after the shave while you clean up and put stuff away. why?  because SWMBO will never let you hear the end of it.
H. Rinse with warm water THEN Cold water. this will get the product off yer face, then cool yer face and close the pores.
I Apply yer favorite After Shave { this AM, it was Gabel's Bay Rum. GREAT STUFF!} or balm  then continue with the grooming ritual and start the day or evening right!

I tried to make this somewhat humourous so you would enjoy reading it, but the method  works great at least for me. Try it and see if it works for you!

0 189
 01-26-2015, 09:13 AM
User Info
I do everything but the Aloe Vera gel pre-shave.

I really like step G with MWF as it leaves a great feel to the face after shaving.

1 135
 01-26-2015, 10:31 AM
User Info
Wow - never thought to do Step G! Will do this from now on :-)

57 284
 01-26-2015, 11:13 AM
User Info
Congratulations on the great shave!  As they say, YMMV. I guess I just keep things simple as I just wet my face with water, use a soap-stick and face-lather, then shave! I do, however, use the remaining lather in my brush to as you do, but I just remove it from the brush instead of lathering a fourth time.  Biggrin

83 21,077
 01-26-2015, 05:03 PM
User Info
Good prep and procedure, and congrats to you for now getting good shaves.  I too, like Celestino keep it simple and do pretty much the same methods. However, instead of face-lathering, I do a head lather. Can't let the beard go just yet...

1 1,975
 01-27-2015, 11:07 AM
User Info
Thanks Everybody!!  i do hope that this procedure helps everyone.  i agree simpler is better. but this ain't bad.  i was trying to figure something out because i have sensitive skin and barbed wire for whiskers. but that soap soaking hint has been great.  i am even tempted to get some Marvy and Master Shave Soap and try them again.  Buuut...... I need to use some up and i just ordered some TOBS tubs from Royal Shave. plus the Omega in the bowl and Arko in the bowl if you can believe it.  got those last 2 from Amazon. SWMBO has some kind of account there for free shipping so, she asked if i needed anything.  so....there ya go.     Smile

0 189