01-26-2015, 12:03 PM
  • Mr1911
  • Ex-Lurker
  • West Tennessee
User Info
Is the Holy Black up and operating again? I went to the site, found what I want, and clicked Paypal. It seems to be working, but I didn't go any farther, because I'm not sure it's going to work. A couple months ago, when I clicked Paypal, it said the account wasn't valid. I've emailed them to see what's going on, but I never get a response. I know they were closed for a while. Someone said the guy was overwhelmed by all the orders. It seems like if he was operating again, he'd at least put some kind of statement on the website to let everyone know he's open.... and maybe even give an explanation of what's happening.

0 3
 01-26-2015, 06:26 PM
User Info
If you find out, let me know...I placed an order a few months ago and it never shipped, but I did get a refund. 

31 1,800
 01-26-2015, 07:28 PM
  • Mr1911
  • Ex-Lurker
  • West Tennessee
User Info
(01-26-2015, 06:26 PM)Bowhnter Wrote: If you find out, let me know...I placed an order a few months ago and it never shipped, but I did get a refund. 

I read that he just quit because he was overwhelmed with orders - trying to do everything himself. A couple months ago, his website disappeared, replaced by something else. Before that, you couldn't place an order. If you clicked on paypal, it said the account wasn't active. He still won't answer emails. Right now, the site appears active. It'll let you in to paypal. No message of explanation or about being open again. I'm not sure I want to complete a transaction until I know what he's up to.

0 3
 01-26-2015, 09:09 PM
User Info
I would not recommend ordering from The Holy Black. There were many people who placed orders 8 months ago that were never fulfilled. A few people randomly received orders recently that were placed 8+ months ago. This guy does not know how to run a business. He does not reply to emails and if you place an order, you may not see your money again. Your only chance for resolution will be to file a dispute with your credit card company or PayPal.

3 92
 01-28-2015, 09:44 AM
User Info
(01-26-2015, 09:09 PM)vadim Wrote: I would not recommend ordering from The Holy Black. .... This guy does not know how to run a business. He does not reply to emails and if you place an order, you may not see your money again...

What he said.  I placed an order some time back, and then got radio silence.  I emailed once a week and never got a response.  40 days later I made a claim with Paypal and got my money back - still no response from the vendor.  About 5 months later I randomly got a shipping notification with no tracking number and no explanation.  That was a bit over a month ago.  I have not gotten anything from them - and since I got a refund from paypal, I'm OK with that.  I will also never order from them again.  Shipping orders 8+ months late with no communication in between is unacceptable, and there are a lot of good vendors out there.  Also, his soap is melt and pour, so you may as well support Mamma Bear - same soap, and an upstanding vendor.

3 28