01-28-2015, 09:18 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Has anyone tried Kevin's new line of Country Club Shaving Soaps yet? I sure like the aftershaves and just recently noticed the new soap.

4 2,695
 01-28-2015, 09:29 AM
User Info
I've heard good things on other forums, but have not used them yet myself.  Too many soap options, and too little time!

3 28
 01-28-2015, 09:30 AM
User Info
I'm waiting for him to release the tallow versions before I sample any of them.  He mentioned to me a few weeks ago that they would be showing up in about a week, but obviously that's come and gone so he must still be getting them ready.

I'm anxious though because his "Forest Mint" in tallow was one of my favorites when it was Beer Soap Brewing Co.  I'm hoping the new brand is the same or better.

16 249
 01-28-2015, 09:46 AM
User Info
I went to the website yesterday and was wondering the same thing. I'm hoping it's the same vegan formula as BSBC.

4 355
 01-29-2015, 06:48 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I have been wanting to try the Frozen Vetiver AS. I ordered some yesterday and included a sample of the London Skies shave soap. I will report back on it. In the meantime, has anyone gotten to try one of these already?

Bob

4 2,695
 01-29-2015, 09:19 AM
User Info
(01-29-2015, 06:48 AM)Coyote Wrote: I have been wanting to try the Frozen Vetiver AS. I ordered some yesterday and included a sample of the London Skies shave soap. I will report back on it. In the meantime, has anyone gotten to try one of these already?

Bob

Frozen Vetiver has menthol so once that evaporates, the vetiver emerges and it's my favorite from the line. Great face feel that is clean. I've tried aftershave splashes with too many oils that leave a greasy feeling. I find these are most comparable to Fine.

London Skies was the soap that got me hooked. I'd recommend the vegan formula. There's something special about it. When I need a perfect lather and I'm short on time, this is my go to.

4 355
 01-29-2015, 09:40 AM
User Info
(01-29-2015, 09:19 AM)Shakamoto Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 06:48 AM)Coyote Wrote: I have been wanting to try the Frozen Vetiver AS. I ordered some yesterday and included a sample of the London Skies shave soap. I will report back on it. In the meantime, has anyone gotten to try one of these already?

Bob

Frozen Vetiver has menthol so once that evaporates, the vetiver emerges and it's my favorite from the line. Great face feel that is clean. I've tried aftershave splashes with too many oils that leave a greasy feeling. I find these are most comparable to Fine.

London Skies was the soap that got me hooked. I'd recommend the vegan formula. There's something special about it. When I need a perfect lather and I'm short on time, this is my go to.

Is it an earthy vetiver or more floral kind? Something along the lines of Fine clean or fresh vetiver?

147 3,464
 01-29-2015, 09:49 AM
User Info
Not floral, earthy, or citrusy. Can't really describe it other than a clean vetiver. I want to say it's similar to Creed Original Vetiver but not as soapy, it's better IMO. Hate floral or soapy vetivers.

4 355
 01-29-2015, 09:55 AM
User Info
(01-29-2015, 09:49 AM)Shakamoto Wrote: Not floral, earthy, or citrusy. Can't really describe it other than a clean vetiver. I want to say it's similar to Creed Original Vetiver but not as soapy, it's better IMO. Hate floral or soapy vetivers.

Sounds good thanks! I may just have to acquire myself a bottle!

147 3,464
 01-29-2015, 12:55 PM
  • JrReyes
  • Cartridge Converter
  • Ft. Worth, TX
User Info
The country club soaps are the same as the veggie beer soap brewing co. formula.  He increased the size to 6 oz. and updated the packaging.  I'm also excited for his new tallow formula.  The release has been delayed a bit, but Kevin said the new premium tallow will be based on tallow and butters versus the old formula of tallow and palm.  He has 5 new scents, but won't say if they are made to pair with the aftershave line.  So we are still in the dark on what the new scents will be, but I have a good feeling that his new formula will be a winner.

19 277
 01-29-2015, 01:10 PM
User Info
Hey guys. Jr is correct but there are a few differences. CC is made with water. The soap is white and has a slightly firmer texture. Tallow soaps will not be matching to the splashes, but there are 5 new scents. Those have been delayed because a 2,000 pound tree decided it would rather live on my roof instead of in the ground as mother nature intended. Barring any other craziness, they should be ready next weekend.

1 184
 01-29-2015, 02:16 PM
User Info
(01-29-2015, 01:10 PM)Kevin@BSBC Wrote: Hey guys.  Jr is correct but there are a few differences.  CC is made with water.  The soap is white and has a slightly firmer texture.  Tallow soaps will not be matching to the splashes, but there are 5 new scents.  Those have been delayed because a 2,000 pound tree decided it would rather live on my roof instead of in the ground as mother nature intended.  Barring any other craziness, they should be ready next weekend.

A tree sitting on top of your roof is definitely a cause for pause.

0 1,007
 01-29-2015, 04:59 PM
User Info
Does anyone know if Kevin is giving a coupon to the TSN people.I'm half way threw the 6 bottles of AS & am looking forward to the new tallow soaps!I also hope he comes out with a & fragrance AS to complete a full rotation.I like all his after shaves [:}

20 441
 01-30-2015, 01:19 PM
User Info
(01-29-2015, 01:10 PM)Kevin@BSBC Wrote: Hey guys. Jr is correct but there are a few differences. CC is made with water. The soap is white and has a slightly firmer texture. Tallow soaps will not be matching to the splashes, but there are 5 new scents. Those have been delayed because a 2,000 pound tree decided it would rather live on my roof instead of in the ground as mother nature intended. Barring any other craziness, they should be ready next weekend.

Whoa, hope everything's alright Kevin.

On a lesser note, I used Frozen Vetiver last night and I remember my favorite part about it. The scent lasts for several hours without being overpowering. I like the unexpected wafts of the scent versus having a constant assault on my nose.

4 355
 01-31-2015, 04:49 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Thanks Kevin-Mine shipped yesterday!!

4 2,695
 03-30-2016, 07:19 AM
User Info
I went down to the Jacob Javits Center yesterday to see the car show. On the way back to Grand Central Station, I some how found myself standing in front of Pasteur's Pharmacy on 34th St and in I went. I met a gentleman in the shaving section checking out the shaving soaps and we got to talking. He recommended the Country Club vegan soaps and there was a good supply of them on the shelf. I liked the Yacht Club scent and grabbed a tub. I shaved with the Yacht Club today. The soap made a good, slick lather and my Semogue 820 held enough later for my three passes and then some. The scent of the soap although not overpowering, is very clean and similar to a barbershop scent. I liked it and would recommend it to others to give it a try.

0 23
 03-30-2016, 11:30 AM
User Info
I absolutely love Kevin's vegan soaps.  Right now I am using Orange Blossom.  It is great in every way.  Lathers quickly and produces a wonderful, slick, protective lather; produces a great shave and the aftershave face feel is good, too.  I feel like I've been crowing about these soaps for a long time and nobody has been listening. 

As for the tallow soaps, obviously I haven't tried the new tallow formulation.  The old tallow soap was pretty good, but I never liked it as well as I liked the vegan version.  Sounds like the new tallow may be awesome.   

I went through 2 pucks of the vegan version from when it was BSBC, and now I am really loving the vegan CC soap, too.  In terms of performance, I don't find it different at all from the BSBC vegan soaps.

2 1,397
 03-30-2016, 11:31 AM
User Info
By the way, how did you guys know a new tallow version was pending?  I just checked the website and there's nary a word that I can find.

2 1,397
 03-30-2016, 12:32 PM
User Info
I also enjoy the Yacht Club, I'll have to break it out soon.... thanks for the reminder.

10 1,653
 03-30-2016, 02:27 PM
User Info
Keep meaning to try the vegan shaving soaps. The lemongrass scent has me intrigued. If anyone has used this, would be really intrested to know what you think of the scent.

1 213