03-04-2012, 03:47 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I'm a menthol freak and I'm proud to admit it. This cream is a perfect form of satisfaction when I want that "fix". (I always want it!)

Ease of lathering: 10/10--So easy to work with!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--A-1. You cannot ask for better stability.

General skincare: 9/10--Extremely icy-cold, and also very moisturizing.

Scent: 9/10--Very mentholy, but in a nice way. I LOVE it.

Price: 10/10--In India, it sells for around a dollar.

Would I buy again: 10/10--YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Heart

India's reputation for top-quality creams is excellent for a very good reason, and this cream is a necessity for my rotation at ALL times. This stuff has one of the strongest menthol sensations I ever experienced, and strangely enough, when I first smelled this cream, I didn't care for the scent, but it grew on me in no time. Wonderful stuff!

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,561
 03-04-2012, 05:40 PM
User Info
Kind of a dead brand now a days. I sold a ton of it last few years, I guess the new brands pushed it aside.

5 273
 03-04-2012, 06:03 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I have this and think it is a fine cream for the money.

2 11,211
 03-04-2012, 07:21 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(03-04-2012, 05:40 PM)Shave a Buck Wrote: Kind of a dead brand now a days. I sold a ton of it last few years, I guess the new brands pushed it aside.

Joe, let me get my hands on some kesef, (money) and I'll be only too happy to give you an order for that cream as well as some other of your great stuff. This I promise. Smile

3 2,561
 03-05-2012, 04:48 PM
User Info
I thank you Jeff in advance.

These brands while they are fine have been pushed aside by Razorock and other private soap makers. It seems as if the newbies gravitate to these new brands given the play the receive now a days. The new ones are great products in their own way, but I guess there is just so much market share for all these creams and whats hot like Razorock wins out.

I think the hobbyist has left the boards, guys like you and me, or Malochio who source out these products and have a curiosity are a dying breed.

5 273
 03-05-2012, 05:30 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(03-05-2012, 04:48 PM)Shave a Buck Wrote: I thank you Jeff in advance.

These brands while they are fine have been pushed aside by Razorock and other private soap makers. It seems as if the newbies gravitate to these new brands given the play the receive now a days. The new ones are great products in their own way, but I guess there is just so much market share for all these creams and whats hot like Razorock wins out.

I think the hobbyist has left the boards, guys like you and me, or Malochio who source out these products and have a curiosity are a dying breed.

Joe, strangely enough I'm a kind of guy who would skip Razorock, although as I understand it's excellent stuff, and I would buy something more "old-school". I see your selection is big, and I eventually plan to start discovering some of the stuff you carry.

3 2,561
 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
More information like this will make me more likely to try these brands. This one sounds fun.

10 1,858
 03-06-2012, 03:45 AM
User Info
I'll be in India at the end of the month. Will probably pick up a few tubes of Godrej.

My current stash is running low. I'm on my last tube of Menthol Mist, but I still have one unopened tube of the Lime.

This is a really good shaving cream.....at any price. I like the menthol on this one. Lathering is good, and the shaves are all excellent. I don't break out the Menthol Mist too much in the winter, though.

37 1,731
 03-09-2012, 12:39 PM
User Info
(03-04-2012, 05:40 PM)Shave a Buck Wrote: Kind of a dead brand now a days. I sold a ton of it last few years, I guess the new brands pushed it aside.
It might not be the current fad on the wetshaving forums, but is still widely sold in Indian Grocery stores. I am quite fond of it, as it delivers great shaves with good face freeze.

0 303
 03-09-2012, 12:45 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I have to remember to set aside a day to just go skulking in the local ethnic/regional stores for interesting shaving finds.

10 1,858
 03-10-2012, 03:50 PM
User Info
I have yet to try the Godrej brand of shaving cream. I am a fan of the menthol creams and my current favorite is the Palmolive Menthol from Italy. Another one to add the wish list to try in the future.

29 1,731
 03-11-2012, 08:57 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(03-10-2012, 03:50 PM)ridgerunner Wrote: I have yet to try the Godrej brand of shaving cream. I am a fan of the menthol creams and my current favorite is the Palmolive Menthol from Italy. Another one to add the wish list to try in the future.

I would say that the menthol effect of this cream is equal to the Italian Palmolive. It also has a very similar kind of lather.

3 2,561
 03-12-2012, 07:07 AM
User Info
I'm not into menthol but I've used a couple of tubes of Godrej Deluxe. Works well for me. I think though, that this second tube might be going a bit "off". The scent is more pungent than it was to start with. It's a peculiar aroma, sort of like original Noxzema but it seems to have changed. I may chuck it and buy fresher samples.

0 554
 03-18-2012, 11:54 AM
  • Brent
  • Columbus, OH
User Info
(03-09-2012, 12:45 PM)Songwind Wrote: I have to remember to set aside a day to just go skulking in the local ethnic/regional stores for interesting shaving finds.

I was thinking the same thing after reading a few of these reviews.

0 353
 03-19-2012, 08:11 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
It is so rare to find any Godrej creams here in Montreal because the Indian supermarkets just choose not to stock them. There is a Bangladeshi gentleman who has a convenience store, (we call a store like that a depanneur) and occasionally he'll bring in a few. He keeps them for me, because he uses only Nivea lather cream.

3 2,561
 03-19-2012, 03:39 PM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
Time to take out the Menthol Mist for a shave this week Biggrin It is such a good, efficient and face freezing cream that I in fact should put into my rotation more often.

45 708
 03-19-2012, 04:52 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(03-19-2012, 03:39 PM)GMofmiami Wrote: Time to take out the Menthol Mist for a shave this week Biggrin It is such a good, efficient and face freezing cream that I in fact should put into my rotation more often.

I used it this morning, and it gave me such a great ice-cold shave. After that, some Diana Sport Menthol Balsam and a splash or 2 of Osage Rub were the most wonderful frigid aftershave finales. Cool Biggrin

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,561
 09-09-2013, 02:26 PM
User Info
I love godrej.

4 309