06-04-2012, 09:40 PM
User Info
Since I'm on the go, it makes sense to review a few of the things in my GoBag...

I received a tube of Nivea Mild a little while ago as part of a generous PIF, but have been too busy with my other soaps to take time to try it. Since it's in a tube, I decided to put it in my GoBag before I went this time around, and I don't regret it.

It lathers easily enough with the help of a brush, and I suspect it'll lather up okay even if you shave brushless. It provides a decent glide and cushion, although not quite up there with some of my better soaps - still more than acceptable though, and heads and shoulders over any canned goo you can think of. According to the label it should "pflegt & entspannt" - that's "nourishes and relaxes" for those who's German is a bit rusty - and it certainly feels good on the skin.

The scent is faint and lemony, but reminds me a little bit of air freshener... it's not a bad smell, but since I'm mostly using hand made and somewhat high end soaps at home I'm a bit spoiled. As much as it galls me to say so, the Nivea Mild smells of of fake scent. If you can live with that is up to you - I don't have a problem with it while I'm travelling at least, but it would put the cream out of the rotation if I was in my nook.

Overall, if you want cream in a tube and don't mind manufactured scents - as opposed to natural ones - I can recommend the Nivea Mild.

3 3,580
 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM
User Info
Nivea Mild is a very good cream for the price. Nearly as good as Speick, IMHO. It is part of my rotation, and I've been using it a lot - the tube is almost empty! Biggrin
Around here, it can be found at ~€2, sometimes less.

2 5,532
 06-04-2012, 11:12 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(06-04-2012, 10:53 PM)oversaturn Wrote: Nivea Mild is a very good cream for the price. Nearly as good as Speick, IMHO. It is part of my rotation, and I've been using it a lot - the tube is almost empty! Biggrin
Around here, it can be found at ~€2, sometimes less.

It cost the same in Spain,and yes,the best shaving cream you can find there for that price range.

86 7,124
 06-05-2012, 02:12 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I love Nivea Mild, plus Phil carries it which makes it quicker to get in the US. Some mornings I love having an all Nivea Shave, and now that Nivea has come out with a splash I can finally get some of that as well. It's a great lathering cream and the scent is nice.

116 3,804
 06-05-2012, 06:14 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
With the exception of the scent, I too really like Nivea Mild. The scent reminds me a lot of the Nivea hand lotion which, I guess, should not be surprising.

45 16,363
 06-06-2012, 04:27 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
It's a good and honest performer, but it's not a cream which I would want to use on a regular basis.

3 2,563