02-01-2015, 10:17 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
A bit of a surprise a few minutes ago.  I unwrapped a Rapira Super Stainless and a Rapira Swedish Supersteel and found that they have the identical writing on the blade itself.  My suspicious mind was in overdrive.  The Platinum Lux writing is different.  But the Super Stainless and Swedish Supersteel appear to be identical blades.  Can you think of another explanation [other than they were mispackaged]?

I have added these photos to illustrate what I was referring to.  The writing on the Stainless and the Swede are the same, except for the logo on the Swede.  Do you think these blades are different or the same?  Compare with the writing on the Plat Lux.

[Image: K8Si3z5.jpg]    [Image: 32WewMd.jpg][Image: m8thcof.jpg]   [Image: me5WWCV.jpg]

1 795
 02-01-2015, 10:30 AM
User Info
it doesn´t matter much, they are the ones to put that writing wherever they want.  Wink What steel is it?

21 1,175
 02-01-2015, 10:47 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • NYC
User Info
(02-01-2015, 10:30 AM)Bibbelmann Wrote: it doesn´t matter much, they are the ones to put that writing wherever they want.  Wink What steel is it?

I'm not sure what you mean by what steel is it, but I would imagine whichever it is, it's the same on each blade.

1 795
 02-01-2015, 11:12 AM
User Info
I was stunned by the assumption same printing means same blade. They could produce any blade and use that identical printing. couldn´t they?
What does it say on the blades? maybe somebody with experience can comment on that.

21 1,175
 02-01-2015, 02:00 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • NYC
User Info
There is a third type of Rapira, Platinum Lux which has different writing.  Therefore I thought the writing on the Swedish and Super blades reflected that the blades were different.  For example, Personna Lab Blues and Personna Med Prep blades have different writing on the blades reflective of their "distinctiveness" re uses, or model of blades, etc.

1 795
 02-02-2015, 01:53 AM
User Info
They are really distinct blades - Rapira Super Stainless blades are less than mediocre imo, Rapira Swedish Super Steel blades are in my top 3.
It is a pity that the Mostochlegmash firm causes this confusion ....

0 48
 02-03-2015, 12:54 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • NYC
User Info
Thanks.  It is very confusing.  Maybe the Mostochlegmash firm is now owned by American Safety Razor, i.e., Personna. Rolleyes

1 795
 02-04-2015, 09:58 PM
User Info
i can assure you they are very different blades. i very much dislike the normal ones because they dull out almost instantly with my hair but the sweed's are great the lux for me is actually a close second the the sweed's

16 660
 02-11-2015, 06:37 PM
User Info
I have not had good luck with these yet..... will try again later

3 117
 02-11-2015, 06:47 PM
  • Gago
  • Rio de Janeirto
User Info
Every Rapira is different than the other. I have used all of'em, including LADAS, Voshkods and Sputniks, and found no blade alike. 

The Platinum Lux is a great blade, alongside Voshkods and Swedish SuperSteel.

Sputniks, Stainless and Super Stainless on the other hand, are nothing special. Still, they're a average one or two uses kind of blade, and very cheap.

4 447
 02-12-2015, 12:26 AM
User Info
Rapiras, Ladas and Voskhods are made by Mostochlegmash - Sputniks come from the Gillette factory ...

0 48
 02-12-2015, 07:06 AM
  • slr31
  • Garden City, India
User Info
I have not used the Rapira Stainless or the Super Stainless (or at least don't remember using them). However my experience using the Swedish SuperSteel mirrors what has been said before me - it is a superb blade. Just recently finished 7 shaves on a R41 (2011) and all but the last shave were smooth. A very few blades work well for me in the R41 and this is one of them. The Platinum Lux is an excellent blade as well.

Do let us know about your experience with these blades.

81 557
 02-12-2015, 09:35 PM
User Info
Just bought more Voskhods, a couple hundred Ladas, some Swedish Supersteels, Platinum Luxs, and Gillette Rubies from the cheap seller on ebay a week ago.

Polsilver SIs in my ATT S1 gave me an effortless, easy DFS with no irritation. I'll use them in my original Ikon Slant for a super close with some possible minor irritation BBS. 

Voskhods are amazing in my Gillette News though. Some of my closest shaves with the least irritation have been in my New LC with a Voskhod. I remember Ladas being slightly better for me, but I'll need to wait until I have more due to going through my initial sample. I may try a Swedish Supersteel in my New LC next.

4 146
 02-28-2015, 09:52 AM
User Info
(02-12-2015, 09:35 PM)Joezamboni Wrote: Just bought more Voskhods, a couple hundred Ladas, some Swedish Supersteels, Platinum Luxs, and Gillette Rubies from the cheap seller on ebay a week ago.

Polsilver SIs in my ATT S1 gave me an effortless, easy DFS with no irritation. I'll use them in my original Ikon Slant for a super close with some possible minor irritation BBS. 

Voskhods are amazing in my Gillette News though. Some of my closest shaves with the least irritation have been in my New LC with a Voskhod. I remember Ladas being slightly better for me, but I'll need to wait until I have more due to going through my initial sample. I may try a Swedish Supersteel in my New LC next.

IMHO, the Rapira Platinum Lux and Swedish Supersteel are a bit smoother than Voskhod.  So is Astra SP

8 72