09-19-2015, 05:54 AM
User Info
Schick Plus Platinum. The blade every DE blade aspires to someday be...

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

0 53
 09-19-2015, 10:11 AM
User Info
Wilkinson Light Brigade.  I have one left I think, saving it for a special occasion.

0 47
 10-18-2017, 02:04 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(09-13-2015, 07:08 AM)DB1 Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 08:43 AM)Mouser Wrote: I just picked up a jumbo pack dispenser of 20 for $27.00. The same seller had two up for sale, the one I got was a bidding auction, his other is a "Buy Now" for $99.99. Considering I get up to 28 or 30 shaves out of one...........

I thoroughly enjoy using vintage stainless blades and to each their own but over a buck a blade is too rich for me. I get a week shaving from good quality new production blades but 2 weeks from Vintage NOS stainless blades like Gillette super stainless or UK wilkies.

Two years to replybut better late than never.
Ok, let's do a comparison to see if that pack of Personna 74s are worth it on an objective level. For comparison I'll  use a top of the line popular current blade that for me loses out to the P74s on a closeness, comfortable shave basis but we're keeping it objective. At a large popular shaving supply online store, one hundred Polsilver Super Iridiums cost $35 dollars. If you figure on 4 shaves per blade and that seems about average, your cost per shave is about 9 cents, just under. I get a minum of 30 shaves from each P74, I  paid $27 for a pack of 20. That comes out to just under 5 cents a shave, from a blade I  get significantly better shaves with. At the average prices vintages blades go for they are only "worth it" for collectors but if you have the time to search, bid and lose 9 times out of 10 to get enough rare deals to stock up they are more than worth it. I do because I'm retired and unable to pursue my old past times. For the average working joe it's  not.

7 2,352