02-02-2015, 02:44 PM
User Info
I have put together three fantastic soap/scent combinations that I wanted to share. All of the soaps are from Cold River Soap Works. I discovered them through the Nook and the LE Paradise. That one wasn't for me because of the scent, but the performance of the soaps is exceptional. I am sure that I am not the first, but to me these are all new.

1) CRSW Vetiver and Vetiver de Guerlain (Vintage). 
     I have been reading about the new recipe vs. the old from House Guerlain, and decided to pick up a bottle on the "bay". The Vetiver soap is not typical woodsy-earthy, but it's there nonetheless and the Guerlain, which is woodsy-earthy make for a perfect combination.

2) CRSW Bay Rum and C.O. Bigelow No. 32 Bay Rum.
     I have been a fan of the Bigelow BR since returning to DE shaving. I have tried the Ogallala and Captain's Choice and find those scents pleasing but a tad too clove-rich. When I tried the CRSW BR, I knew it would pair perfectly with the Bigelow. They're very, very similar.

3) CRSW American Barbershop and Floïd Blue
     OK, this is the trip down memory lane. This scent is about as personal as any other. For me, born in 1956, these two go together like Andy and Barney, and Floyd, of course.  Wink

These items are going to be a mainstay of my shaving routine for a while.

39 3,876
 02-03-2015, 09:16 PM
User Info
Primo, great to hear you are enjoying Larry's soaps and those look some fine combinations! Enjoy!  Thumbsup

82 21,056
 02-04-2015, 04:44 AM
User Info
Primo - excellent pairings. You have set up a lovely rotation that will bring you many years of enjoyment. Smile

65 799
 02-04-2015, 02:28 PM
  • okok
  • Still smiling
  • Indianapolis
User Info
All three sound good to me, but especially the vetiver combo.  I have to pursue that scent more - the only vetiver product I have now is the Royall Vetiver all purpose lotion, more like an edt, and I suspect I'm not in the "sweet spot" for that scent.

Have fun, Primo.

29 330
 02-05-2015, 07:02 PM
User Info
I love the scent of bay rum in my shaving soap I'm assuming you are enjoying as well

5 116
 02-05-2015, 07:10 PM
User Info
I may need to get me some American barbershop to go with my Floid blue! 

31 1,800
 02-07-2015, 05:10 AM
  • Brad58
  • Go Penn State!
  • Berwick, PA
User Info
I just started using a new soap in my rotation, Reef Point in the Dragon's Blood scent.  Easy to lather with very nice slick and cushion.  I really like
the scent of Dragon's Blood and I'm anxious to try some of his other soaps.  Very nice service from this vendor and fellow Navy veteran.

14 192