06-05-2012, 12:28 PM
User Info
I haven't seen much on any of the forums about their new balms. So I thought I would order some and post my thoughts. Well in yesterday's mail was my box from QCS, with the Provence custom scent balm.

Today was my first shot at it, so I need a few more days to give an in depth review. But let me just say that the balm does a great job. I used about half of what I would with my Musgo Real balm, and have been very impressed.

Anyone else tried it out?

0 103
 06-05-2012, 04:33 PM
User Info
The QCS aftershave balms have gotten great reviews by others with most saying that the 1 ounce bottle will last a year as you only need a very tiny amount. I know Matt put a great deal of time, research into the balm and the ingredient list is well worth the read on the QCS website.

0 123
 06-06-2012, 08:38 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Sounds very nice can you give us the website. Thank you

100 12,445
 06-06-2012, 10:09 AM
User Info
http://www.queencharlottesoaps.com

Check them out and don't overlook their bath soaps. I purchased two Voskods and one Irish Tweed soap. Now I wish I would have gotten the Lemon Salt bar of soap too.

0 123
 06-07-2012, 07:48 AM
User Info
Three days using the Provence balm. It is top drawer stuff! I have the feeling that I will be ordering another one, so I have a little variation. I feel that it is definitely worth the asking price.

It is ridiculous how little I need to cover my head and face. One little squirt covers my face, neck, and a little of my head, and the second squirt get the rest of my head. It goes on silky smooth, slightly thicker than a milk, and less greasy than my other balms. As far as skin care goes, this has bumped my Musgo Real basal and Speick basalm down, my top two. The scent is just like the shave soap I have, which I would say is woodsy with a touch of citrus.

I need to pull out a soap that really leaves my face dry, and see how it does with that.

0 103
 06-07-2012, 09:51 PM
User Info
If you had to compare it to a more common aftershave, what would it be? Is it at all sticky or tacky?

2 59
 06-08-2012, 07:53 AM
User Info
I have in the past used Nivea's Comfort, Extra Soothing, and Cool(more of a gel) balms, Every Man Jack, Musgo Real Basalm, Cade balm, and Speick balm. By more common I am guessing you mean available locally. The Niveas, Every Man Jack, and Cade I picked up locally. I would not say any that I have tried are overly tacky or sticky, but the Nivea Cool would be the one that I might consider tacky just after application.

The Cade smells great, and is nice going on, but there is something that irritates my skin in it. It feels a little oily at first but after 5 minutes was smooth. Doesn't get oily feeling at the end of a hot day.

The Every Man Jack works well in the winter, but gets a little oily on my head when the temps go up. Not bad on my face though.

The Nivea balms are pretty good, but I don't really care for the way they smell. Like the EMJ they get a little oily feeling on the head when I get warm.

The QCS Provence balm goes on very silky. It is the least oily/thick feeling as you rub it in. I have had a few days to test it out in warm weather, and it is superior to any that I have tried in that I don't seem to get as oily at the end of a long hot day. I read somewhere that jojoba oil does something that keeps the sebum from being triggered. Don't know about that but it does seem I am less oily on the dome. About the same as when I use a splash, but then I get dry patches of skin.

0 103
 06-08-2012, 07:16 PM
User Info
I use only one squirt, and then mix it with a couple drops of water. Works wonderfully! QCS's aftershave balms are HIGHLY concentrated. Matthew has outdone himself again.

0 28