02-03-2015, 05:52 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Give me the low dowm on them,   shaved the past two days with the goose and not getting the close shave I'm used to wit the cobra however the cobra gives me irritation like crazy so I'm thinking of trying injectors,    any suggestions on ones tomtry.   Also, what about blades, are the personna 74 the best ones available?

15 970
 02-03-2015, 05:59 PM
User Info
A Schick E or G type would be a good place to start with vintage injectors. I use Chinese Schick blades. They work fine.

That said, given what you've written about your experiences with the Cobra and Mongoose, I doubt a new razor will necessarily improve your shave.

I'd choose one of the razors you already have and:

1) Focus on getting a smooth, comfortable shave (don't sweat closeness yet)
2) Keep focusing on comfort.

The shaves will get close as your technique improves; don't try to force the shave to be close. That could lead to the irritation you're experiencing with the Cobra. Don't complicate things by switching hardware all the time.

All this assumes your prep and lather-building is up to par, of course.

Good luck.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

37 1,743
 02-03-2015, 06:06 PM
User Info
A Schick L- or M-type can get you started, then you can move up or down the line from there if necessary. (The higher up the alphabet, the milder. The M-type is the odd duck since it's adjustable, and you'll pay for that.) If you can find Schick Plus Platinums (blue and yellow box) or Personna 74s on eBay, they're the best NOS blades, but pricey. For modern blades, the Schicks offered at drugstore.com.

29 1,776
 02-03-2015, 06:14 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
I'm going to keep trying with the goose.    Gonna get a super blade and give it a go.   The goose is beautiful but its like it barely is cutting

15 970