02-05-2015, 01:03 PM
User Info
I received the Franklin Christoph Covered Pen Tray (CPT) for Christmas. It is a 12 slot pen carrier with a magnetic clasp for the lid.
[Image: cuL9a3H.jpg]

The CPT works great. It holds all 9 of my pens plus 3 slots for Mary Lou. It keeps the pens safe and is easy to carry and/or use for travel.

I prefer bigger fountain pens. I like the heft and how they fit in my hand. This led to a mild irritation when using the CPT. For my larger pens there is not enough "headspace" in the groove to grasp or lift some of my pens. I found myself spinning the pen on its' long axis until the pocket clasp was facing up and I could then pick the pen up by the clasp.

ML saw my frustration and suggested the following:
[Image: t6C9SOJ.jpg]

It is a little wooden seasoning spoon used to sprinkle salt. I use the spoon bowl to capture the cap finial and tilt the pen up and out of the slot. Works like a charm. And it is tiny enough that I keep it in one of the slots with my small Cross pen. It is always in the CPT and ready for use.

That ML is full of good ideas.

Phil

7 363
 02-05-2015, 01:13 PM
User Info
ha - what a candy box! Cool

7 1,624
 02-05-2015, 03:20 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
What a great idea, Phil. Smile

2 11,211
 02-11-2015, 08:54 AM
User Info
Thanks for explaining the spoon.  I was trying to figure out what it had to do with the pen box when I first glanced at the picture!

1 135