02-11-2015, 06:42 AM
User Info
(02-09-2015, 12:09 PM)Shakamoto Wrote: A must try would be La Habana from Country Club for men. It's in my top 2 favorite shaving soap scents. The scent isn't sweet, it's masculine and complex. I also see there's one called Sweet Tobacco that I haven't tried.

I took a look on their website and sweet tobacco is out of stock.
Furthermore, they don't deliver outside of US. Grrrr !!! Dodgy

2 124
 02-20-2015, 03:15 PM
  • Java
  • Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
User Info
The only remotely tobacco scented soap I've tried is B&M Roam. How do some of these others compare to that?

0 272
 02-20-2015, 04:58 PM
User Info
(02-11-2015, 06:42 AM)ClarkGable Wrote:
(02-09-2015, 12:09 PM)Shakamoto Wrote: A must try would be La Habana from Country Club for men. It's in my top 2 favorite shaving soap scents. The scent isn't sweet, it's masculine and complex. I also see there's one called Sweet Tobacco that I haven't tried.

I took a look on their website and sweet tobacco is out of stock.
Furthermore, they don't deliver outside of US. Grrrr !!! Dodgy
If you send me your information via my contact page on my site, I can ship international to you.
Kevin

1 184
 02-20-2015, 06:46 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
I smoked pipes years ago and loved the aroma of Captain Black Cavendish. I may have to give Johnny's suggestion a go.

2 1,672
 02-21-2015, 12:57 PM
User Info
(02-20-2015, 03:15 PM)Java Wrote: The only remotely tobacco scented soap I've tried is B&M Roam. How do some of these others compare to that?

It's the only one B&M scent for which i was disappointed. Tooo strong firecamp ashes. For me it's not really a tobacco scent, it's a ashtray scent  Biggrin
Here is a list of tobacco soaps (combining informations of some forums) :

[Barrister & Mann Roam] 
Miller Harris Feuille de tabac (shaving cream - tobacco flower)
Barberry Coast Shave Co Havana
Beer Soap Brewing Co La Havana
CRSW Bergamot & Bay
Kell's Black Tea
Mama Bear Pipe Tobacco
Mystic Water Sweet Briar
Phoenix Cavendish
WSP Tobacco
Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscano (new formulation - tobacco flower)
Calani Havana
Portland General Store Tobacco soap
RazoRock Zi'Peppino (tobbaco flower)
Seifenglatt Toulouse + Seifenglatt tobacco prototype
Stirling Texas Fire
Stirling Razor Design Opus X
Stone Fox Beau Brummel
Tiki the Captain
Reef Point Peerless
RR Tobacco 1 & 2 (prototype)
Soapy Bathman - Cigar lounge
Mondial - Green tobacco
Saint-Charles Soap - Tobacco
Dr Harris' Malborough (seems to have a tobacco scent)
Gentleman's Quarter - Cavendish Black
Charismata - cherry pipe tobacco
Prairie Creations - Gentleman's pipe
Honeybee Soaps - Tobacco scented soap and stick
Straight razor design - Cavendish soap
Calani - Classic Havana
Ginger's Garden Havana Cognac
Shannon' s Silk Pajamas
Huntlee Master Lather - Sweet Tobacco 
La Habana by Beer Soap Brewing Co. They recently changed their name to Country Club for Men, but the soap is still called La Habana
Strop Shoppe Baker Street (seems to have a tobbaco scent)
Chiseledface Soap - Sherlock
Alt-Innsbruck (AS + EdT) 
Tcheon fung sing (TFS) - tobacco verde

2 124
 02-21-2015, 05:53 PM
User Info
The first thing I thought when I opened my Zi'Peppino when I received it this week was that it reminded me of Tabac. So if Zi'Peppino is based on tobacco flower, it strikes me as likely that Tabac is meant to be as well. I mean, it is called Tabac after all. I suppose I need to smell actual tobacco flower or green tobacco someday.

0 53
 02-24-2015, 08:07 PM
User Info
Mondial's Green Tobacco is a croap with a nice scent and great performance too. 

23 5,601
 02-25-2015, 12:43 PM
User Info
Yep, and i just finish to read a tweet of Varesino ; tobacco soap in progress  Thumbup

2 124
 03-03-2015, 09:13 AM
User Info
@ClarkGable: thanks for the list.  You're missing Saint Charles Shave Pipe Tobacco and Soapy Bathman Cigar Lounge

That list made me most curious about RR's new tobacco prototypes.  I watched TSE's vid so between 1) powdery and 2) tabac-ish I can scratch those off the list.  

I'm still interested to hear about CRSW, ReefPoint Peerless, and Soapy Bathman.

Are any of the scents of the products above similar to Cavendish in their intention to smell like aromatic cured pipe tobacco?  How successful were they?  How strong a scent were they?  

Thanks for any information you can add.  I'll be following this thread closely.

0 84
 03-03-2015, 12:34 PM
User Info
(02-20-2015, 04:58 PM)Kevin@BSBC Wrote: If you send me your information via my contact page on my site, I can ship international to you.
Kevin

I only see now this message A6
I am wondering where i was .... ^^
Great news, i will do it but in some weeks. Thks.

2 124
 03-03-2015, 12:42 PM
User Info
@beardybrewer : 
It's pretty curious, i have Soapy Bathman in my rotation but i forgot to put it in the list...  Biggrin

Soapy Bathman soap is great (already tested yesterday). Good lather, slickness, hydrating, with a typically scent (mix between old school & smoky/tabacco).

[Image: vscoca10.jpg]

Councerning SCS Tobacco, i have contacted Wendy just few days before Christmas and she tolds me that Tobacco will be avalaible to order again. 
But, since, no replies (and i have mailed her 2 or 3 times), no news. Nothing.

2 124
 03-06-2015, 04:34 AM
User Info
I love the pipe scent of paa cavendish. It smells like a black and mild cigar. But, the performance Is bad. wish I could find a simalar scent in a good soap. I also have crsw bergamot&bay. To me it smells like bay leaves and citrus. Still a very nice soap but not really a tobacco scent to me.

0 52
 03-06-2015, 10:25 AM
User Info
(02-08-2015, 01:24 PM)Johnny Wrote: Don't ask me how I know this.

Buy a package of Captain Black Cavendish Tobacco and a puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat.  Put the puck and the tobacco in a zip lock bag and let in set for about 90 days.  Make sure the unwrapped puck in buried in the tobacco.  Later you can smoke the tobacco if you want, but the MWF takes on the Cavendish scent.

Just noticed this.  It's a great idea Johnny.  I *love* the smell of pipe tobacco itself, but every "tobacco" scented soap I have ever tried smells like the bottom of an ash tray.  I am looking for the "un-smoked" smell of tobacco, not the disgusting leftovers of the smoking process.  

129 6,685
 03-06-2015, 12:07 PM
User Info
I loved to make a tobacco scented soap by submerging Mitchell´s Wool Fat, however is that going to mess with your skin?
Tobacco  has developed a chemical defense system and that is part of what makes it tobacco. I just don´t know what this will do
 Answer?: Either you are a smoker, or you ain´t ?

21 1,175
 03-06-2015, 04:26 PM
User Info
Nicotine is a pesticide. But so is dish soap.

TFS makes a Green tobacco scented soap that smells exactly like green tobacco .I like both the scent and performance.

As to a Cavendish soap ? Johnnys' idea sounds good to me Smile

I love the smell of someone else smoking it but can't stand the taste of smoking it myself. Though I will have an occasional cigar.

I may give this a try!

I can lay my hands on some Cavendish fresh from the press here in NC before I head back home. Smile.

6 1,224
 03-09-2015, 06:55 AM
User Info
Hm. Just struck me that Barrister & Mann's Roam has a strong tobacco note combined with grass and leather, making for a decidedly rustic, "butch" effect. The soap has straight-up Nicotiana tabacum (tobacco) absolute in it, even.

0 53
 03-09-2015, 09:50 AM
User Info
For me Roam was a deception ; not really a tobacco sent but maybe more fire camp ashes, with grass. It's too strong and you can't combone with a perfume or AS ...

2 124
 04-21-2015, 03:18 AM
User Info
List updated :

• Barrister & Mann Roam (it's more ashes than tobacco)
  • Miller Harris Feuille de tabac (shaving cream - tobacco flower)
  • Barberry Coast Shave Co Havana
  • Beer Soap Brewing Co La Habana ( Country Club for Men)
  • CRSW Bergamot & Bay
  • Kell's Black Tea
  • Mama Bear Pipe Tobacco
  • Mystic Water Sweet Briar
  • Phoenix Cavendish
  • WSP Tobacco
  • Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscano (new formulation - tobacco flower)
  • Calani Havana
  • Portland General Store Tobacco soap
  • RazoRock Zi'Peppino (tobbaco flower)
  • Seifenglatt Toulouse + Seifenglatt tobacco prototype
  • Stirling Texas Fire
  • Stirling Razor Design Opus X
  • Stone Fox Beau Brummel
  • Tiki the Captain
  • Reef Point Peerless
  • RR Tobacco 1 & 2 (prototype)
  • Soapy Bathman - Cigar lounge
  • Mondial - Green tobacco
  • Saint-Charles Soap - Tobacco
  • Dr Harris' Malborough (seems to have a tobacco scent)
  • Gentleman's Quarter - Cavendish Black
  • Charismata - cherry pipe tobacco
  • Prairie Creations - Gentleman's pipe
  • Honeybee Soaps - Tobacco scented soap and stick
  • Straight razor design - Cavendish soap
  • Calani - Classic Havana
  • Ginger's Garden Havana Cognac
  • Shannon' s Silk Pajamas
  • Huntlee Master Lather - Sweet Tobacco 
  • Strop Shoppe Baker Street (seems to have a tobbaco scent)
  • Chiseledface Soap - Sherlock
  • Alt-Innsbruck (AS + EdT) 
  • Tcheon fung sing (TFS) - tobacco verde

2 124
 04-21-2015, 05:28 AM
User Info
You guys must have missed my thread: http://shavenook.com/thread-mwf-cavendis...ny-updated
I'll report my results after my MWF is reopened. (6/26)

35 3,529
 05-01-2015, 01:36 AM
User Info
^^ very good review. The tobacco scent has been attempted plenty of times and it's funny to see how many of them try to put their own twist on them. I prefer the sweet leaf smell versus like the Soapy Bathman straight up cigar smell.

49 356