05-01-2015, 10:23 AM
User Info
I have both Country Club La Havana and Pedal Pusher Fancies Black Tea. The scent is so similar I'm wondering if anyone feels the same. I love them both.

0 7
 05-01-2015, 04:23 PM
User Info
This is all great info I have been really reluctant to order some of the tobacco scents because I was worried about the smell. Huntlee master lather sweet tobacco was my first purchase and I am happy with it. I would really like something a little stronger though. I will have to look at some of these on the lists

4 208
 02-21-2017, 03:41 AM
User Info
Has it really been so long?  I had to come back to this thread as I've finally discovered a new tobacco soap which may be what I was seeking during many years of failed attempts.  I just posted this review on Maggards so thought I would share it here as well.

Henri et Victoria – Cognac and Cuban Cigars

I have been seeking the perfect tobacco scent for years and have tried many samples and pucks mostly ending in disappointment.  This is the only time I have ever stocked up on a soap.

Firstly be aware the many different tobacco scents from floral, green, dried, and cured such as in unlit cigars and pipe tobacco.  My quest has always been for the beautiful aromatic pipes from my childhood.  I would often seek out who was smoking their pipe and want to follow or sit beside them.  When entering the humidor at the local tobacconist you would get that big blast of wood and cured, aromatic tobacco.  This is warm, well rounded scent reminiscent of the wood lined humidor filled with spicy, aromatic tobacco.  I don't get a boozy or grape scent from the cognac really.  Nor is this a cologne scent trying to capture the scene.  The scent strength is medium so it is noticeably during the shave and for a short while after.  It is unlike any other tobacco soap I've come across.

To establish my performance expectations, I'm a huge B&M fan with kudos to CRSW, Catties, and Jabonman.  This soap performs perfectly well by comparison.

0 84
 02-23-2017, 06:01 PM
User Info
Queen Charlotte Soaps, Cubano Breeze

0 253
 02-23-2017, 07:03 PM
User Info
Paladin Shaving Tobacco Road (Spices, Leather, Pipe Tobacco).  Excellent performance and lovely scent.

[Image: xOaOsJ2.jpg]

50 6,289
 02-24-2017, 11:00 AM
User Info
My favorites would have to be the following:

1) Catie's Bubbles Connecticut Shade
2) Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
3) Mickey Lee Grand Havana
4) WSP Blackbeard
5) Phoenix & Beau Spitfire

I typically prefer the sweeter pipe tobacco scents, as 1, 2, and 4 are representative of, but I do enjoy the heavier scents of tobacco with leather/smoke included, such as with 3 and 5.

0 15
 02-24-2017, 11:29 AM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
(02-21-2017, 03:41 AM)beardybrewer Wrote: Has it really been so long?  I had to come back to this thread as I've finally discovered a new tobacco soap which may be what I was seeking during many years of failed attempts.  I just posted this review on Maggards so thought I would share it here as well.

Henri et Victoria – Cognac and Cuban Cigars

I have been seeking the perfect tobacco scent for years and have tried many samples and pucks mostly ending in disappointment.  This is the only time I have ever stocked up on a soap.

Firstly be aware the many different tobacco scents from floral, green, dried, and cured such as in unlit cigars and pipe tobacco.  My quest has always been for the beautiful aromatic pipes from my childhood.  I would often seek out who was smoking their pipe and want to follow or sit beside them.  When entering the humidor at the local tobacconist you would get that big blast of wood and cured, aromatic tobacco.  This is warm, well rounded scent reminiscent of the wood lined humidor filled with spicy, aromatic tobacco.  I don't get a boozy or grape scent from the cognac really.  Nor is this a cologne scent trying to capture the scene.  The scent strength is medium so it is noticeably during the shave and for a short while after.  It is unlike any other tobacco soap I've come across.

To establish my performance expectations, I'm a huge B&M fan with kudos to CRSW, Catties, and Jabonman.  This soap performs perfectly well by comparison.

I bought this soap after reading your review and used it this morning.  I really like it.  The scent is delicate and there is something about the wood/tobacco/cognac combination that is just great.  The scent is about a 4 or 5 on the strength scale with Castle Forbes being a 10.  lol.  It produced a nice slick lather.  Not much residual slickness but it performed well and did not dry out my face (like MdC).  I get the sense that this is a soap that I will grow into and appreciate more over time.  A nice addition to the lineup.  I combined it with Wm Neumann Heartwood aftershave, which was perfect.

Eric

49 980
 02-25-2017, 02:00 PM
User Info
If you like a sweet pipe tabacco scent then you want to try the PAA Cavendish.

I quite like Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars. The scent strength is greater than in the Cavendish. I can't pick up the cognac though.

0 3
 03-12-2017, 05:57 PM
User Info
WSP Tobacco is an excellent floral tobacco with just a hint of the leaf....

0 4
 03-12-2017, 06:08 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
LPL Oud-Santal is rather similar to Cavendish and, in my opinion, is a bit more sophisticated

113 1,523
 03-15-2017, 12:59 AM
User Info
(02-25-2015, 12:43 PM)ClarkGable Wrote: Yep, and i just finish to read a tweet of Varesino ; tobacco soap in progress  Thumbup

Its been over a year…any idea of they followed up and came out with it?

1 107