02-08-2015, 07:49 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I'm surprised there isn't more talk about this soap.  There are two other threads in this forum for Saponificio Varesino, one centered around bowls and another around Felce Aromatica, so I thought I'd start a new one (mods please feel free to merge this with another if it is redundant).  

I have been using this soap for the past few days, and I have come to the following conclusion:  Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti is by far my favorite veggie-based soap.  Period.  

A bold statement, I know...especially coming from me, as I seem to pick up a new soap every week  Blush . However,  I am not exaggerating.  I have tried many veggie soaps, and most were great.  So far, the majority have been very close in terms of my preference...ask me which is my favorite and my answer could vary depending on the day.  However, Dolomiti is a game changer for me as it is literally on another level.  

What I like about it:  It lathers easy, the quality and volume of the lather are superb, it is extremely slick, smells fantastic, and even has a great post shave feel--something I find rare in veggie soaps.  It has exceeded my expectations with every single use.  The odd thing is, I also have Felce Aromatica, and while I do enjoy it quite a bit, something about Dolomiti makes it perform very differently (and much better)  for me.  Must be the Dolomites silt.  Whatever it is, the result is magical.  My face feels amazing afterwards, even the next morning.  

The scent is also outstanding.  I liked Felce Aromatica so much I thought, there's no way it will be topped.  For me, it has been.  The scent is just as complex and well-executed but with citrus bursting forth at the outset.  It is classy, fresh, and masculine...and now a favorite.  

For anyone thinking about it, I encourage you to try it...I believe, at least for some, you will be pleasantly surprised  Biggrin

[Image: 2UeXlHp.jpg]

34 1,628
 02-08-2015, 07:51 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Nicely stated, Giorgio.

Saponificio Varesino is solidly in my Top 3 soaps.

I like both Felce Aromatica and Dolomiti .. and if I had to choose, Dolomiti has an edge over Felce Aromatica.

102 18,557
 02-08-2015, 08:53 PM
User Info
I agree with you Giorgio regarding the performance of Saponificio Varesino Soaps.  I haven't had such great post-shave performance from a veggie-based soap.  I thoroughly enjoy both scents and I am also a big fan of their balms, excellent stuff.  

73 2,200
 02-08-2015, 09:58 PM
User Info
Giorgio, so I see that you really like the new soap, after all, if you are starting a whole thread on it!  Biggrin
I look forward to experiencing how good you say it is. 

82 21,056
 02-08-2015, 10:24 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
The review was intriguing enough that I ordered a puck.
Another soap to try....sigh.

57 1,569
 02-09-2015, 01:41 AM
User Info
Nice review and I placed the order :-)

61 3,072
 02-09-2015, 04:38 AM
User Info
I have both Felce Aromatica and Dolomiti and each is a wonderful soap for me.  Great comfortable lather, slick, nice subdued scents.  Both receive regular use and Saponificio Varesino is in my top three soaps.  Highly recommended.

Ed

21 751
 02-09-2015, 05:26 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Thanks for chiming in gents Biggrin

There is a danger with me offering such glowing remarks because it can change perspectives and now you go in expecting greatness...and with that, by our individual nature, many tend to potentially disprove the hype. Keep in mind that I always start with neutral expectations when I try new products...the whole YMMV and all that. With that being said, I am confident that for at least some, you will find it a game changer as well. I have used it a few times, even jumping back and forth between Dolomiti and Felce Aromatica and other veggie soaps, and that is how I proved to myself that my initial impression of "wow this soap is amazing" was not just new product excitement.

Of course I will continue my soap exploration journey and you will see me post about others, however in terms of veggie soaps...I am happy to say I have found "the one."

34 1,628
 02-09-2015, 10:30 AM
  • Bony
  • New York , USA
User Info
Very nice review Giorgio ! After reading all off this I feel sorry that didn't order Dolomiti soap with my order from their website yesterday! Ordered  only Felce  Aromatica soap and the balms ! The wooden container looks very nice on the fotographs !
Once again thanks for sharing your  touts ! 

10 415
 02-09-2015, 01:06 PM
User Info
For me, Felce is close to be a "game changer". For a soap (and not a cream), you finish your shaving with a hydrated skin, not dry at all. It's so rare.
The balm is really liquid, not creamy or like a classic balm, be careful when you use for the first time  Biggrin

2 125
 02-09-2015, 03:05 PM
User Info
(02-09-2015, 01:06 PM)ClarkGable Wrote: For me, Felce is close to be a "game changer". For a soap (and not a cream), you finish your shaving with a hydrated skin, not dry at all. It's so rare.
The balm is really liquid, not creamy or like a classic balm, be careful when you use for the first time  Biggrin

You might want to try Mystic Water and Cold River soaps if you want well hydrated skin afterwards, enough to not even contemplate using balm or cream.  Thumbup

82 21,056
 02-09-2015, 04:19 PM
User Info
Finally caved and ordered the Dolomiti + bowl and Shea Butter. Very excited  Biggrin

11 489
 02-09-2015, 09:46 PM
User Info
Well, my order arrived, today, and I look forward to trying out the soap, tomorrow, to see what all the hype is about.  Biggrin

82 21,056
 02-10-2015, 04:56 AM
User Info
(02-09-2015, 03:05 PM)celestino Wrote:
(02-09-2015, 01:06 PM)ClarkGable Wrote: For me, Felce is close to be a "game changer". For a soap (and not a cream), you finish your shaving with a hydrated skin, not dry at all. It's so rare.

You might want to try Mystic Water and Cold River soaps if you want well hydrated skin afterwards, enough to not even contemplate using balm or cream.  Thumbup

Mystic Water is in progress , i wait to order.
Cold River is one the only the new US soap artisans i havn't tested yet. In french wet shaving forums, members are really impressed by. I need to test it quickly  Blush

2 125
 02-10-2015, 05:28 AM
User Info
I own both, and agree that Dolomiti seems to perform and smell slightly better than the Fern. All this is highly subjective and I love and enjoy both soaps almost equally much.
Both are in my Top 25 of best creams/croaps/soaps in my 140+ large product den.

24 5,850
 02-10-2015, 12:57 PM
  • German
  • Simpson 2 Band Aficionado
  • USA
User Info
I did not care for the fern and will also pass on this one... 

35 1,808
 02-10-2015, 01:22 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
(02-09-2015, 09:46 PM)celestino Wrote: Well, my order arrived, today, and I look forward to trying out the soap, tomorrow, to see what all the hype is about.  Biggrin

And, I'll be reading your post.  I hope the performance is as good as many of the comments as I have some on order as well.

57 1,569
 02-10-2015, 02:58 PM
User Info
(02-10-2015, 01:22 PM)MaxP Wrote:
(02-09-2015, 09:46 PM)celestino Wrote: Well, my order arrived, today, and I look forward to trying out the soap, tomorrow, to see what all the hype is about.  Biggrin

And, I'll be reading your post.  I hope the performance is as good as many of the comments as I have some on order as well.

Well, Max. I will reserve my impressions of the soap for the end of the week to allow for a better assessment of the soap. I have to reveal that I much prefer tallow-based soaps to veggie ones, so this might be a very biased fact going into this as my principal soap has really spoiled me for the last 4 years. Biggrin

82 21,056
 02-10-2015, 07:40 PM
User Info
I loooooove my wife! Guess what i'm getting for Valentines? Wooden bowl and all woohoo! Biggrin

147 3,464
 02-10-2015, 08:29 PM
User Info
(02-10-2015, 07:40 PM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: I loooooove my wife! Guess what i'm getting for Valentines? Wooden bowl and all woohoo! Biggrin

Excellent, Freddie!  Thumbup

82 21,056