02-12-2015, 03:22 PM
  • okok
  • Still smiling
  • Indianapolis
User Info
[Image: vgWopf9.jpg] 
Hi guys, here is a complete sharpening setup up to 6000 grit -- reduced to $95 or $105 -- King brand Deluxe 
Waterstones from JapanWoodworker are fired from aluminum oxide abrasive carefully screened for consistent 
size mixed into a claymatrix.   8- 1/8˝ x 2- 5/8˝ x 1- 3/8˝  They are manufactured to create a porous, friable 
surface. This is important since, as the blade is rubbed on the stone, the particles of abrasive become rounded 
and dulled. The waterstones' porous, friable nature keeps fresh, sharp abrasive constantly exposed on the 
surface, thus accelerating and optimizing the cutting effect. Two classes of stone offered: coarse and finishing.

The coarse stones are 800 and 1200 grit. The 800 grit is faster cutting and is used for repairing nicked
edges or reshaping a bevel. The 1200 grit stone is used for the first stage of the actual sharpening.
Japanese water stones are softer than Western styles causing a fresh, sharp surface to be continually
exposed to the tool edge.  Were $32 each new. 

The 6000 Grit Deluxe Finish Water Stone is fired from 6000 grit abrasive mixed with a clay binder.
There are no plastic compounds as in 6000 grit stones from other manufacturers. These stones will 
give a nice polish and a razor edge and are suitable for most sharpening jobs. The 6000 stone is
permanently attached to a base. 7- 1/4” x 2- 1/2˝ x 1/2˝  Was $34 new.

Water stones give a finer polish and sharper edge than any oil stone (either Arkansas or synthetic) 
or Western made ceramic stone, and in half the time. Water stones are manufactured from very fine
abrasives in a matrix which absorbs water. As the tool is honed, a "mud" forms on the stone. It is this 
mud that creates the mirror polishing effect of the stone. For best results, be sure to use the Nagura to
provide a very fine-grit slurry on top of the 6000 grit water stone.  The Nagura was $18 new.

The stone holder from Woodcraft stops the stones from moving around, and gets them up where you have
freedom of motion with your hands.  When changing stone grits during honing, you will find it simple and
quick to use.  Was $21 new.

The western style honing guide is very accurate for sharpening and honing chisels and plane irons.
You can hone edge tools between grindings with this unique self-centering guide. Chisels and plane 
irons from 1/16" to 2- 5/8" wide can be held securely in one of the two sets of stepped jaws. The
accurately ground hardened steel roller glides across the surface of the stone to allow for a consistently
fine edge.  Was $15 new.

I want to sell this sharpening setup as a unit without splitting it up.  New price was $153 + shipping.
For sale shipped to Lower 48 states for $105.  If you don’t want the honing guide, deduct $10, but
you really should buy it with the set, since it gives you such flexibility in use. Paypal please.  I’ll pack 
them carefully and get them sent out the day after I receive your payment.  Thanks for looking, and 
PM me with any questions.  I’m happy to take additional pics and send them to you, if you'd like. 

29 333
 02-19-2015, 07:52 AM
  • okok
  • Still smiling
  • Indianapolis
User Info
Price reduced and bump

29 333
 03-16-2015, 04:20 AM
  • okok
  • Still smiling
  • Indianapolis