02-13-2015, 06:16 PM
User Info
  CLOSED  Being a member of this tribe I thought I could send some nice stuff along to a fellow in arms.  Just give me a short idea of what you do and what you love about wet shaving.  Nothing elaborate needed. I will keep this open for a week until next Friday the 19th at 6pm pacific time.  I will notify the winner with a pm.  thanks

[Image: mC2GFEp.jpg]

rooney brush, nancy boy a/s gel, c and s oxford Cambridge soaps, saponificio varesino soap, 4 blade packs, ikon razor stand, brush stand, icon oss razor with bulldog handle, styptic match sticks, blade bank, Yoresh shaving bowl,

73 1,262
 02-13-2015, 06:17 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Dave .. can you specify who exactly is eligible for this PIF?

Thanks.

102 18,552
 02-13-2015, 08:48 PM
User Info
Great items in this pif, but is this just for business owners? If not, I'd love to be in it.

1 1,975
 02-13-2015, 10:22 PM
  • tti
  • NY,US
User Info
No business here dave (student here) but this is a very generous PIF!

19 196
 02-13-2015, 10:51 PM
User Info
I am trying to wade through a ton of my stuff and help different shavers.  have helped navy guys, army guys, a college student, now this one is for small business owners.  I want to reward them as I know personally how difficult this road can be.  there will be a couple more coming up soon for a broader audience.      This one is for the small guy doing his tax prep and such right now and sweating bullets.  business owners only  this time!

73 1,262
 02-13-2015, 11:43 PM
  • duanek
  • New Zealand
User Info
Just recently became a business owner at Christmas - so I guess this is me.
I have a small kiwifruit orchard (gold variety).
The crop is hanging on the vines at the moment - harvest comes in a couple of months.
Not yet wading through tax right now, but the bills have started flowing thick and fast!

I've loved exploring the world of wetshaving, finding out what I like and what I don't - worked through blades, razors, creams - now starting on soaps and brushes!

5 25
 02-14-2015, 05:08 AM
User Info
Count me in.

I'm a realtor and just like most small businesses commission is a rough road sometimes. Being your own business is tough and sometimes sink or swim. I always feel bad for the small business that lays it all on the line for their dream and fails. Many times I think we don't understand how hard you have to work to make something succeed. Other times you get knocked down through no fault of your own.

Enough babbling thanks for the pif and again I'm in.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

0 854
 02-14-2015, 06:10 AM
  • davizera
  • Non Dvcor Dvco
  • São Paulo - Brazil
User Info
Is this PIF CONUS only?

2 242
 02-14-2015, 07:50 AM
User Info
Thank you for the offer.  I'm in.  My wife and I just wrapped up our first year owning Sweet Haven Cakes LLC.  http://www.sweethavencakes.com.  It's currently a small, home-based cottage food business.  We have fantasized about it taking off and turning into something bigger, but only time will tell.  My wife does the "real" work, I take care of the books (and this time of year, the taxes).

1 296
 02-14-2015, 08:12 AM
User Info
I'm in. 

I own small three man hardscape business. Running your own seasonal business gets tough. Add a wife and four daughters makes it even tougher. I work long hours when the kids are home in the summer and it gets tough in the winter when money is tight. 

Good luck to all who enter. Stay strong and run a good business gentleman. 

Thanks

37 146
 02-14-2015, 08:30 AM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
That's a very generous PIF, Dave. I'm not in, but there's some great stuff there! 

60 843
 02-14-2015, 08:39 AM
User Info
I can personally speak of Dave's generosity. Dave responded to my WTB post for a sample of Antica Barbiera Colla.  Not on only did he include two ABC samples, he included an chunk of MdC Fougere that was at least 50 grams among various other soaps.  He wouldn't accept any payment or sample trades.  He only insisted that I just enjoy the soaps.  It was really a kind gesture and one I will not soon forget.  Dave is the definition of a gentleman.  

Regards, 
Tom

64 337
 02-14-2015, 12:47 PM
User Info
I'm a one man accounting company, been doing that for 15 years now. What I love about wet shaving... foremost the fact it never gets boring with the virtually infinite variations in software and hardware. Its a way to have some "me" time to relax and unwind since in my business its all about the clients wishes and needs and I tend to work long hours.

And speakng about taxes... i'm currently buried in them! Actually I should be doing them right now instead of browsing this forum Biggrin

0 69
 02-14-2015, 12:53 PM
User Info
Fantastic offer for small business owners. Very generous and thoughtful PIF.

8 2,718
 02-15-2015, 01:23 PM
User Info
Great PIF, Dave!  Good luck to you and the participants! 

I am NOT in. 

82 21,056
 02-15-2015, 01:56 PM
User Info
Hey,

ok. I am starting out in my mothers medical practice, which my grandfather started after the second WW.  This is a huge PIF, my friend! And yes I ´d like to take part in the drawing.
What is it you do?

What is wetshaving, why am I in it? Things just happen,  by instinct- anyway-
*Wet shaving is a focused chore we do on ourselves, with immediate sensual feedback. And it reflects back  upon  us our growing over time. Which is  rewarding.*

Philipp

21 1,175
 02-15-2015, 08:48 PM
  • lfs70
  • Virginia
User Info
Very nice PIF

80 464
 02-15-2015, 08:49 PM
User Info
Nice pif! I am a heating and cooling contractor. H.M. Home comfort service.
For me wet shaving has given me a moment of peace each day. Till I discovered this hobby my entire day was work and family. Now I have a little me time and it's somethingI have to do anyhow. Now I just enjoy it.

0 52
 02-15-2015, 11:04 PM
User Info
As the eldest son I'm heir to a small business. If you count that I'm in. My dad owns Lucky Case Ltd. It is very small and mostly just the family though we do occasionally hire 2-3 workers for big jobs. We do industrial sewing contracting work for larger companies and make custom cases. Imagine a foam mold with custom made impressions for three of your razors plus a space for you soap jar protected by ballistic nylon. Basically a gun case for your razors. That is basically what we do only with other stuff-- electrical equipment mostly. I love wetshaving because it is extremely addicting and I have no self control :|

18 713
 02-16-2015, 03:54 AM
User Info
Hello

I would like to participate in this PIF. I'm a Physiotherapist and Osteopath. In September 2013 I've started to work on my own. I have my own small place and I also have appointments in one small clinic in a town nearby, and at night hydrotherapy classes in the swimming poll near home, so all day normally is a rush, but in a fantastic way, getting people better, pain free and increasing the quality of life.
Before was 1 time a week boring and painful thing to do. Since I stared wet shaving, it become a fantastic ritual almost every day. I do it at night when I get home, so it become the ritual break from work hours to family and relax.

Thank you for the opportunity

1 21