02-15-2015, 02:53 PM
User Info
Phoenix Artisan Acoutrements. I have the cavendish aftershave and it's marvelous.  Any thoughts?

0 52
 02-15-2015, 04:29 PM
User Info
Do not want to turn this thread into another HTGAM thread. I only bring this up for education purposes. Phoenix was originally HTGAM. There was a lot of drama with HTGAM so a lot of people just avoid and you may not get a whole lot in the way of responses. You will find that PPF (Petal Pusher Fancies)is also the same guy.

On that note there are those that love his products. I tried a number of them myself in the way of soaps and deodorants. I currently have the Cavendish as well as coconut deodorants and I enjoy the scents. Never tried his aftershaves but have been interested in the descriptions of some. At this time I will not buy them. If you enjoy and they provide you what your after that is all that matters. Enjoy and many happy shaves!

148 3,603
 02-15-2015, 04:43 PM
User Info
Add me to the list of won't support. I had the PP deodorant and I was not impressed.

8 2,718
 02-16-2015, 05:35 AM
User Info
I wasn't involved with, nor am aware of the "drama" regarding HTGAM. To me, it matters not. I have the Cavendish shave soap and aftershave and find them to be of excellent quality and performance. The cavendish scent is masculine and refined. IMO, these products are worth the purchase. 

39 3,957
 02-16-2015, 07:06 AM
  • Fab
  • New York, NY
User Info
I guess it all comes down to ethics. If you care about ethics or product alone. Like buying products from China, that we all know were probably made in a sweat shop. And who does not buy a product made in China? Not defending HTGAM by any means, I don't buy from them. People should buy whatever they want, and let their conscious and wallet dictate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 486
 02-16-2015, 08:14 AM
User Info
I just finished reading the entire HTGAM scandal thread: http://shavenook.com/thread-petal-pusher...m-the-same
and I am exhausted  Wink
Honestly, I would be hard-pressed to purchase any more products from HTGAM, PPF, or whatever name his products go by these days. I haven't made a decision regarding the retailers that continue to stock his products. Still working that out. But, clearly the simplest solution is to purchase products from honest, forthcoming vendors. and there are a lot out there to support.

39 3,957
 02-16-2015, 08:34 AM
User Info
(02-16-2015, 08:14 AM)primotenore Wrote: I just finished reading the entire HTGAM scandal thread: http://shavenook.com/thread-petal-pusher...m-the-same
and I am exhausted  Wink
Honestly, I would be hard-pressed to purchase any more products from HTGAM, PPF, or whatever name his products go by these days. I haven't made a decision regarding the retailers that continue to stock his products. Still working that out. But, clearly the simplest solution is to purchase products from honest, forthcoming vendors. and there are a lot out there to support.

+1 for me as well.  That's why I was kind of upset when I heard Shavers Heaven soap would finally be available in the US at PAA. Contacted them and found out that Caties Bubbles will also carry it, they will get my business!

9 142
 02-16-2015, 09:36 AM
User Info
I read the scandal and it is very disturbing. My pickle is that my wife is in love with the cavendish scent and as far as I can tell nothing aftershave wise comes close

0 52
 02-16-2015, 09:37 AM
User Info
Didnt mean to upset anybody sorry

0 52
 02-16-2015, 12:39 PM
User Info
(02-16-2015, 09:37 AM)Hersh77 Wrote: Didnt mean to upset anybody sorry

Didn't upset anyone brother. If your wife is happy then by all means keep making her happy. Another great tobacco aftershave is Alt-Innsbruck. Its a little more expensive but well worth it. Great scent, feel, you name it.

148 3,603
 02-17-2015, 12:04 PM
User Info
Ok this guy has leaded 2 brands in same time and didn't say it. So he has dual personality and it is treatable.
But, Cavendish, for exemple, is maybe one of the best tobacco's scent soap ever produced until now. 

In this case especially I judge the soap before the soaper.  Biggrin
Aftershave Alt-innsbruxk sounds interesting.

2 125
 02-17-2015, 12:39 PM
User Info
Im intrigued by the new razorock tobacco as it was said a matching splash would be made for the winning scent. Maybe that will be a winner . Idk?

0 52
 02-17-2015, 12:59 PM
User Info
Joe has some good soaps. I like his Zi Peppino but its currently out of stock. Its a nice tobacco flower scent. Have not tried the new ones hes offering yet.

148 3,603