02-19-2015, 11:25 AM
User Info
The new theme looks good, but when I select a new thread,  I have to click on the bordered area of a page to use my scroll keys otherwise the page is static.  If I go forward or back, same thing.  I have to click on every page to be able to scroll up and down.  This behaviour is only on ShaveNook.  All my other forum sites work fine.  Otherwise keep up the good work as I much prefer this shaving forum to the other one I used to visit.

1 220
 02-19-2015, 12:02 PM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Do you mean when you attempt to post a new thread? Or when you click to view a thread from say the forum search results?

What browser and OS are you using?

0 822
 02-19-2015, 07:09 PM
User Info
If I go to let's say "DE Razors" and then click on a topic like "My Gillette LC NEW",  when the page comes up the scroll keys will not scroll the screen unless I click on an empty part of the page.  The page will scroll using the up/down arrow keys until I view another thread within that sub forum.  If I then want to view someone's thread in the same sub-forum such as "My Gillette Fat Handle Tech", once I've clicked on that and the Tech page opens, I have to click on a vacant area of the page to use my arrow keys to scroll again.  Never happens on the other shaving forum, or any other forum or web page I visit anywhere on the net.

1 220
 02-19-2015, 08:02 PM
User Info
Ok, so it works fine in Google Chrome, but not in Explorer.  Unfortunately,  I'm used to Explorer, and that's where all my favorites are stored.

1 220
 02-19-2015, 09:55 PM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Which version of Internet Explorer is this? I do know that the default MyBB javascript is not all that great on IE11 and it might be causing an issue. I totally understand what you mean about not wanting to switch browser; I used Opera for a long time and was sad when it turned into a Chrome clone. If you are using IE8 then the board is just about compatible with it, though it is at its best on 9 and 10.

Unfortunately, the default javascript isn't something I can change that easily. I will try and debug it on IE and see if I can find it, but it would help if I knew what version you saw the issue on. IE is the bugbear of all webdevelopers as it isn't even consistent from one version to the next.

0 822
 02-20-2015, 07:55 PM
User Info
I just checked and it's IE version 11.0     Thanks for your interest and for trying to sort this out.   My nerd buddies try to convince me to use every new app that comes out but I just want to drive the car, not change what's under the hood every two weeks.   Believe it or not, I don't even own a cell phone.  Not completely stone age though,  I have a pretty good command of mixing and editing in music production software (Reaper).

1 220
 02-20-2015, 08:26 PM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
I had a look in IE11. IE11 does not like my use of the doctype html (HTML5 markup) and claims the page is invalid when it is not. I see the bug was reported in 2013.

https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedbac...-incorrect 

yet I can look on the HTML5 validator and the site gets a 100% pass.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3...2Fservices

The only warning is that the validator is still being updated etc and so is not perfect on HTML5 checks, but that is a none issue. The HTML is right.

0 822