02-20-2015, 04:12 PM
User Info
Looking for one more aftershave. I already have the Pitralon Classic on order but cant decide between Floid Vigoroso or Pitralon Swiss. Never tried a Floid AS but hear so much of the swiss.

For those that have used both which do you recommend and why?

148 3,566
 02-20-2015, 05:55 PM
User Info
Hmm, that is a tough one. Do you like barbershop scents? If so go with the Floid. 

[Image: GckRWqq.jpg]

40 1,176
 02-20-2015, 06:11 PM
User Info
I enjoy barbershop scents and have a nice selection of scents in my current AS line up, 31 to be exact. I guess I'm going for something more unique with a somewhat lasting scent and great feel.

148 3,566
 02-20-2015, 06:15 PM
User Info
If you want unique go with Pitralon

0 69
 02-20-2015, 06:58 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I have and enjoy both.  However, my preference would be for Swiss Pitralon. 

First, my face feels a lot better after using it compared to the Floids, where my face feels just "good."  It does really have outstanding healing properties for a straight up alcohol-based splash...probably the best I have experienced (and IMO the Swiss even edges out the other Pitralon formulas in this regard).  Second, the scent is indeed unique, but I can see it being a love it or hate it scent (so there's a risk you will be the latter).  Despite that, the scent of the Swiss Pitralon is much more subtle than the Floids and it fades away faster, which can be a good thing or bad thing depending on what you're looking for.  If you're looking for a unique scent to stay with you all day, IMO Swiss Pitralon is not it.  If you're looking for a subtle splash that performs wonderfully, and seems to compliment a greater variety of shaving soap scents, then look no further than Pitralon. 

As always the right answer is to just get both...but if I was forced to choose, it would be Swiss Pitralon hands down Biggrin

34 1,627
 02-20-2015, 07:36 PM
User Info
Giorgio, great write-up. I have to agree that the Swiss has the best healing properties out of all of the Pitralons. For me the Floid Vigoroso is about equal in terms of healing, and I really enjoy the menthol. It cools for a good 10 minutes without feeling harsh. For a daily driver, I would definitely choose the Swiss Pitralon for the reasons you mentioned. The Floid I pull out in the summer time to enjoy the cool menthol and classic powdery scent. 

40 1,176
 02-20-2015, 07:50 PM
User Info
I was surprised how "powdery" the Floïd is, mixed with a nice and gentle menthol. The Swiss Pitralon is quite different. It is a very mild, conditioning aftershave with a slightly homeopathic aroma, which fades quickly. Pleasant, but I wish it lasted longer. Both are worth owning.

39 3,935